• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

PULSE JET POWERED BICYCLE 50 MPH!

Deafscooter

10 mW
:twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Take read this ==>

http://blog.wired.com/cars/2008/05/jet-powered-bic.html?cid=115889886#comment-115889886

------------------------
I reply comment:
====================================================================
The Pulse jet are Loud Noise and neigbor can hear about 1 Mile away insight..

Deafscooter build High powered Electric Scooter between 35~80 Mph
from Batteries packs, Speed Controller, Electric Motor
===
Check on ==>> http://www.endless-sphere.com
to Find out what it look quiet and fun build the electric Bike / Scooter ..
===
Posted by: Craig ( Deafscooter ) Uyeda | May 21, 2008 5:50:30 PM

150dB? Compared to an x5 bike whose freewheel ratchet is louder than the motor itself even at 40mph? And the negative attention it brings from John Law? :shock:

4 minutes of fuel? Eek! Even at 50mph, that's only 3-4 miles of range. 2 gallons, so that's 2mpg. You thought your hummer was bad. Of course, at 8lbs a gallon 2min/gallon, and assuming it takes 5kw to keep that speed on his very unaerodynamic cruiser, that's 20Wh/lb and ~44Wh/kg in real units. That's about the power density of a NiCd battery, or a brand new high quality SLA before the Peukert effect.

Power density is excellent. Load it with 5lbs or 50lbs of fuel and it'll still have just as much thrust.

Though, one notable advantage is that there is no "powerband" with respect to wheel speed. It has 50lbs of thrust at stall, and 50lbs of thrust at 50mph (minus wind of course).

His acceleration looks pretty similar to Dave's SLA-powered Etek-driven Insane-A-Cycle (0-40 in 6sec, with software current limiting), and if loaded with the same weight of fuel as Dave's SLA should still easily have the same range.

impressive...

150dB is equivalent of around 0.12 psi pressure variation... so if it would use "the sound" with a one way pressure valve... it couls have some considerable trust with large surface...

the official world record of SPL ( sound pressure level ) in a car is 181.4dB that is equivalent to 2.3psi... and thousand pound on a windshield!

I reached 157.2dB at 53Hz two years ago in my integra, measured with my audiocontrol SPL meter using 6500W rmsamplifier and 2 10" monster subs ... and a precisly tuned flared port. and some secrets... :twisted:

I had the first place on canadian AUDIODRAG SPL contest 2006

I like powerfull electrical stuff not just in ebike :mrgreen:

Doc

Attachments

• P1000868_1024x768.jpg
    P1000868_1024x768.jpg
    155.7 KB · Views: 885
Pulse jets are the opposite of smart-bombs... they're stupid-bombs.

They guy's an idiot for riding it without burn protection.

:roll:

Pull up with that thing at a stoplight next to the guy on the Harley and see who's scoring more Macho points. :lol:
You could drown out the noise from the Harley.
Probably scare the hell out of the guy on the Harley too ! :mrgreen:

Back