Q100 (BMSBattery) Setup Question : Hall Sensor / Brakes

Pingmustard

10 µW
Hi all, I bought Q100 and/or the KU65 controller from bmsbattery.com; the kit came with no documentation, so I'm left to figure things out on my own... Some questions maybe someone here can help:

1. Is it necessary to connect the hall sensors? My package came with the hall sensors taped off from the motor. Bike seems to run, but I'm wondering if there's some other consequences...

2. The kit came with 2 handle brakes, but I was only able to connect to 1 "low voltage brake wire"; how is someone suppose to install the 2nd handle brake?

Controller Link:
https://www.bmsbattery.com/attachment.php?id_attachment=45

Thanks for help!

Connecting the halls may give smoother start.
The wires are taped to make it easier for threading the wires through small holes that may be needed in a box where the controller fitted, just insert the wires into the supplied socket, copying the colours so that red goes to red and so on.

Edit:-

Confusing advice deleted

Hope it all makes sense

A simpler way to connect the brakes is to join the wires together at the connector, or at the handlebars to save a wire running back to the controller. I often cut both wires a bit longer than to reach the stem; join the two reds together and the two blacks together; join each pair to the wire with the connector that you cut off; insullate the joins.

It doesn't matter which way round the wires go because they're only switches. The aim is to put them in parallel so that either one can join the yellow and black from the controller.

From my own experience, the motor will be a lot smoother and quieter with the hall sensors connected.

Thanks for the helpful answers. I will definitely hook up the HALL sensors and connect those brakes via my anderson connectors :D

Happy New Year!

If you get issues with getting the motor to spin correctly with the halls connected..check out the ES wiki...useful info on getting the halls sequence correct on there

Back