Rear Battery On Pannier (Full suspension)

lotrwiz

100 W
So, I have a full suspension ebike, and I really want to swap everything out for a rear 1000w Hub, with a 48v 20AH pack, from ebay. I'm aware the packs from ebay suck, but I straight up refuse to make my own.
My question is, how can I mount the battery like this:
KFW.jpg

I'd like one of those batteries that just clips onto the rear rack, but they are only 10AH average... If it comes to it, I'll settle for one of those, if somehow the rear rack can be mounted. I don't mind the idea of making the suspension rock hard to minimise stress on the pannier rack, but I don't want in-frame batteries.

Thanks a lot!

Ch00paKabrA said:
Don't connect it to the seat post.

I see that you are not using your rear brake. use those bolt holes to connect it. Then triangulate with another post. This way the rack is only on your rear suspension and is unsprung weight. Your suspension will work but you may need a beefier shock.

Thanks for the reply, but that isn't my bike up there, that's an example of what I want it to be like...

If you put a rear motor, and a 20 pound 48v 20 ah battery on a bike, it will handle like a dog.

DONT DO IT. If you can find a battery that weighs 15 pounds, then it will handle poorly, but be sort of rideable on the street. This bike had a 15 pound battery, and with the pannier bags empty it rode like shit. View attachment 1

Ideally, get a very high c rate battery, so you can carry only 10 pounds or less of battery back there. That works great, but range is very limited.

Here is how you support a seatpost rack, so you can carry more weight back there, and keep your front motor.Axxiom pannier rack and supports.jpg

Just run a diagonal brace back to the frame or seatpost tube. This setup regularly carried 50 pounds. With a front motor.

Back