Rear disc brakes worth the hassle?

t_tberg

100 W
My third build is a "69er" 1000w generic ebay hub on a kona unit; I got a threaded disc brake adaptor that screws onto the flip flop hub. I was expecting some clearance issues with the disc brake calipers but I didn't think it would be as far off as it is (maybe 12mm). I'll post pics when I get back home from work. Has anyone successfully stacked spacers and washers to get proper alignment? I'm considering switching my Lyen mark II from my steel Marin because I have a CA and regen enabled on this controller. I'm hesitant to put my "high power" (2300 Watts + Regen) Lyen set up on the Kona unit because of all of what I've read over the past year on this forum about the problems that arise from aluminum dropouts. I received ES member migueralliart's torque arm in the mail yesterday and oh jeeze is this thing a beefcake; one of these: https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=49635
I fit it on the bike and it is tight and seems extremely sturdy (I'll post pics soon). Will this torque arm be sufficient for ~2500 Watts peak and moderate (level 2) regen?

PS- I'm not entirely sure about ES etiquette -- It seems like all I do is ask questions :lol: I try to search before I ask. I just hope that the questions I ask (and answers I receive) contribute to the community.

Thanks all.

IMG_0098-min.jpg
View attachment 1

I've read through the thread for migueralliart's torque arms and he has been running 15s at 50amps. So I feel a little more confident trying 20s at 35 amps or so. However, it would still be nice to get the rear bb7 operational...

Back