Recommend me a bike

Sigma

1 mW
Im looking for a fast e-bike. I've read many post on here but still a little confused. My budget would start off with about $500 not including the battery.

1) Do you care whether the bike is technically legal or not (in terms of power)? No, but would like to know what the limits are in Winnipeg.
2) Are you happy to do some basic things like solder and crimping etc.. (or can you get someone to do it for you), I guess what I am asking is how technically/mechanically inclined are you? yes I can do all the electrical stuff thats not a problem.
3) What kind of speed would you like to aim for, and what kind of terrain do you live in, what kind of range do you need. I would like to get at least a constant 45 Km/h. Winnipeg is flat terrain.
4) What is the primary purpose of the bike, ie for fun or for commuting. Both.

I'm looking more for a kit with everything except for the battery. I would like it to be a rear wheel brush less motor. If anyone can give me some pointers on where I would be able to get the parts and any input would be great.

Ebikes.ca 2807 kit at 55.5V (15s Lipo) and a 20A controller hits 27mph for me. That's 43kph. I prefer a slow wind motor. But also a 2806 kit and a 52 volt battery will hit 44.9k on a 20A controller. Or go for a higher amp controller, which tops out at 48k. or go more voltage which gives higher speed. Or go for a 2805 kit.

That's if you want a kit. you could mix and match parts, getting a higher amp controller, or a higher voltage controller and push any of those motors faster. I'd recommend the 2807 if you want to push the envelope later.

Grin Cyclery for a solid motor kit. Not the cheapest price, but the best customer service in the world. The CS is needed most by noobs, and it's in your country. A basic 9 continent rear motor kit is a great start into ebikes.

Back