Robbo's Raptor

The nice part of building it yourself as you can completely control the progress including when everything gets bought/sold.

Can always keep the existing bike for transport until the build is complete? It means there's a timing difference on when you get money back on the first bike, but allows for continuous electric transport in the meantime...

Couldn't be a better time to be considering DIY frames. Flux, Qulbix, Vector, NYX, HPC.... the list is growing. Note there is usually a lag between ordering to receiving, with some vendors this lag is bigger than expected - so I definitely wouldn't be selling the first bike until you have the next ones frame in your hands.

Hey all,

Work helped me make the decision in the end. I have been moved back to the East coast with work again and moving the bike was going to be a bit of a PITA, so I thought I would let fate decide and put the bike up on Gumtree. Within 6 hours of listing I had 4 interested parties and the bike was gone within 24 hours. So Unfortunately I no longer own an eBike :(

That said, the intent was always to build my own in the mid to long term, so it's a decision I can live with. I will need to get established in my new location first (I am moving to a relatively small town in East Victoria) and then I will start buying components for a new build. I still haven't decided on exactly which frame I will go with yet, both FUTR offerings have appeal, however, I am sticking to Li-Ion and don't think I'd be able to achieve my 10KW+ goal in the Beta. There are a few foreign frames that have my interest as well, so I guess we'll have to wait and see.

I think that it will also be a bit easier to source parts while on the East coast too. Certainly anything I'm getting from an Australian seller will be much cheaper and fast to get on the East coast than things have been in Perth.

So I guess for the next few months I will just have to be lurking around reading the details of everyone's builds and using that info to help me write up a wish list.

Back