Same sensor on dual motors test bad.new ones in still same sensor tests bad?????help

Kels74

10 µW
I have a 60v 5600w dual motor laotie ti30 land breaker.I changed from JP controllers to yunli controllers and I got everything hooked up but got motor failure error.so to make long story short I tested the halls from the motor.both motors had a bad hall on the blue sensor.so I completely replaced the entire board with 3 new sensors.hooked up the tester again and the same hall shows bad.what is going on guys.its one thing to have the same sensor go bad at the same time in both motors.but to replace one whole board never even connect it to a controller and the exact same hall shows bad?what's causing this?anyone know?I'm ruling out bad sensors for now.BC thats just too much for me .there's s problem somewhere else.I'm not tefhnician I'm self taught working on my own scooters.doing just this asking those who know better than me.so please if u know explain it for dummy's.lol.thanks.

I have a 60v 5600w dual motor laotie ti30 land breaker.I changed from JP controllers to yunli controllers and I got everything hooked up but got motor failure error.so to make long story short I tested the halls from the motor.both motors had a bad hall on the blue sensor.so I completely replaced the entire board with 3 new sensors.hooked up the tester again and the same hall shows bad.what is going on guys.its one thing to have the same sensor go bad at the same time in both motors.but to replace one whole board never even connect it to a controller and the exact same hall shows bad?what's causing this?anyone know?I'm ruling out bad sensors for now.BC thats just too much for me .there's s problem somewhere else.I'm not tefhnician I'm self taught working on my own scooters.doing just this asking those who know better than me.so please if u know explain it for dummy's.lol.thanks.

Hi Kels74,

From your description I would be suspicious of a bad tester.
If you change the test leads, switching the sensor wire colors to test leads. Does the problem stay with the flagged hall sensor, or follow the lead?

To bench test halls with a multi-meter as well as other information on wiring and troubleshooting a BLDC motor, see this thread…

Testing BLDC motor's Phase Wiring - Hall Sensors and Wiring. - Electricbike.com Ebike Forum

Regards,
T.C.

When a scooter like that refuses to work, it's doing you a huge favor. You're much less likely to suffer a debilitating brain injury if it won't go.

Maybe the tester is bad? Try swapping colors. You can also test with just a voltmeter.
Another possibility is a manufacturing defect on the board.
Is the output stuck high or low?

Sorry I been working on this scooter.so I replaced all the sensors got a new display a lh-100 BUT IT WAS A 6 PIN SO I MADE SURE THE WIRES WERE RIGHT WND NOW IM GERTING ERROR 6.I GOT A 5 PIN AND 6 PIN TF-100 display coming the 6 from amazon the 5 from ali.anyone know how to wire a 6 pin tf100 to a 5 pin controlle?they aren't different protocols.so as long as the wires are in the. Right place I should be Good?

Maybe the tester is bad? Try swapping colors. You can also test with just a voltmeter.
Another possibility is a manufacturing defect on the board.a
Is the output stuck high or low?
I tho
Hi Kels74,

From your description I would be suspicious of a bad tester.
If you change the test leads, switching the sensor wire colors to test leads. Does the problem stay with the flagged hall sensor, or follow the lead?

To bench test halls with a multi-meter as well as other information on wiring and troubleshooting a BLDC motor, see this thread…

Testing BLDC motor's Phase Wiring - Hall Sensors and Wiring. - Electricbike.com Ebike Forum

Regards,
T.C.
I thought that so I tested a few other motors and the tester worked.I just replaced both boards and now the motors are checking out OK.I replaced the display with a 6 pin lh100 but it only had 5 wires connected when I opeded it jmup so I was OK for my 5 pin.now I'm getting error code 06 under voltage but the u.v.is correct.so now I got 2 TF-100 displays coming 1 the 5 pin it calls for and a 6 pin I should be able to mod and I'm hoping it will work it comes tomorrow,other was from Ali,won't get ignored first a month.any one know how to convert the 6 pin to s 5 pin??

I thought that so I tested a few other motors and the tester worked.I just replaced both boards and now the motors are checking out OK.I replaced the display with a 6 pin lh100 but it only had 5 wires connected when I opeded it jmup so I was OK for my 5 pin.now I'm getting error code 06 under voltage but the u.v.is correct.so now I got 2 TF-100 displays coming 1 the 5 pin it calls for and a 6 pin I should be able to mod and I'm hoping it will work it comes tomorrow,other was from Ali,won't get ignored first a month.any one know how to convert the 6 pin to s 5 pin??
If you are able to mod and soldering wires, the best way is to open the LCD and re-solder the wire sequence.

Always remember NOT to reverse the P+&P-, BC it will burn immediately and cannot be fixed. But other wires (ACC,TX,RX) can be fixed and won't burn things when you finds it connect incorrectly.

You can check this video to test the voltage of your hall sensor instead of using a tester.

Back