scooter batery terminals touched now reads 24v at outputbut 41.2v at last bank

bozy74

1 mW
e scooter battery reads 24v at the output conector to the speed controller but on the first bank closest to the power leads say 41v i did touch positive and negative by accident any body tell me whats rong its an aovo scooter batt 36v

did the positive and negative vaporise into a puff of black smoke that scared the crap out of you?

probably fried your bms or a fuse, id keep that battery/scooter out of your house/apartment until you or someone else opens up that battery and does some inspecting. if you have lg m50T cells in it, they are prone to catching fire
i bought a pev where the guy blew his controller but the battery had a fuse halfway through the battery series connections that connected to the bms. the bms drained down the entire pack to zero and some went reverse polarity except for the parallel groups that were no longer connected to the bms because of the blown fusible link.
you dont want your bms to destroy your cells or cause a fire

basically, opened it up now or get it out of your house til you know whats going on inside it

chi cells in it orange one thanks for the reply good advise anyone know if the fuse thats gone as in its missing not there its say f1 at the side were fuse was would it be a t marked fuse in marked f3 place or f2 30 ia s volt fuse fi fuse or it a .t marked fuse like f3 says t

Back