Scorpion FS build

as simple as that :)

i am planning to swap 2x 22.2v25ah battery boxes between 2 or 3 bikes / trikes that i have. It should take me max 20 seconds...

Attachments

• battery mount.jpg
    battery mount.jpg
    366.6 KB · Views: 1,689
  • battery mount2.jpg
    battery mount2.jpg
    315.5 KB · Views: 1,689
  • battery mount3.jpg
    battery mount3.jpg
    239 KB · Views: 1,689
  • battery mount4.jpg
    battery mount4.jpg
    365.1 KB · Views: 1,689
  • battery mount5.jpg
    battery mount5.jpg
    339.7 KB · Views: 1,689
That looks real classy! How much ground clearance does the box leave you with?
otherDoc

docnjoj said:
That looks real classy! How much ground clearance does the box leave you with?
otherDoc

10cm at the lowest point... 3cm below the lowest points of the trike.

Mine is also below the lowest point on my trike but it is still about 5" (about 12-13 cm) ground clearance. Does it get lower when you are seated due to the suspension settling like it should (at about 1/3 full travel)? I have those pulleys on the boom which are really the lowest point on the trike and sometimes on drainage ditches I hit one. Luckily it just rolls over the bump!
otherDoc!

docnjoj said:
Mine is also below the lowest point on my trike but it is still about 5" (about 12-13 cm) ground clearance. Does it get lower when you are seated due to the suspension settling like it should (at about 1/3 full travel)? I have those pulleys on the boom which are really the lowest point on the trike and sometimes on drainage ditches I hit one. Luckily it just rolls over the bump!
otherDoc!

it does :(
i will see how it goes.. If it is too low, i will install them higher. I could probably shift them 3-4cm higher...

in a week time Kamil will start working on my offroad hardcore trike so i will keep you updated :)

indeed with suspension engaged there is not much clearance :mrgreen:

i am now wondering if there is enough space for Geoff's LVC board in the box :?

Attachments

• batteries.jpg
    batteries.jpg
    242.6 KB · Views: 2,064
  • batteries1.jpg
    batteries1.jpg
    437.7 KB · Views: 2,064
  • batteries2.jpg
    batteries2.jpg
    301.4 KB · Views: 2,064
  • batteries3.jpg
    batteries3.jpg
    495.3 KB · Views: 2,064
  • batteries4.jpg
    batteries4.jpg
    422.9 KB · Views: 2,064
Hi
From the looks of things you have already joined up all of your balance leads from the packs you asked for a custom combi type board I think you would be better with micro boards and output balance leads they will fit in that case for sure all connections are 90 degree.

Geoff

yes i did last night!

But i thought it is better to protect cells by connecting each pack individually to the LVC board?

Anyway i will have to fit it to the box, so i guess micro-board would do as you say?

Hi Wojtek,

It's looking good. It should be okay to put the batteries low like that, just add some bash plates to prevent the shelf and brackets and screws from catching on things. Extra points for using a material that throws off a shower of sparks when it scrapes!

Kamil is building a trike? That I have to see! I have one of the first NoComs.

Where did you get those sliders for the battery boxes?

Thanks,

-Warren.

hahaha thanks for the encouragement! i would then go with the trike at night and shoot some videos of the scraping fireworks! Probaby also adding the ice blue leds below :D

yes he is, probably his first one. But it won't be carbon. I have already 44v50ah of turnigy 30c lipos waiting :mrgreen:

These are QUICK RELEASE MOUNT 4 WALL BRACKET LCD TV'S VESA 75-100

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/QUICK-RELEASE-MOUNT-4-WALL-BRACKET-LCD-TVS-VESA-75-100-/330559611858?_trksid=p4340.m263&_trkparms=algo%3DDLSL%252BSIC%26its%3DI%26itu%3DUCI%252BIA%252BUA%252BFICS%252BUFI%252BDDSIC%26otn%3D8%26pmod%3D230600195811%252B230600195811%26po%3D%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D8985391928829756116

www.recumbents.com said:
Hi Wojtek,

It's looking good. It should be okay to put the batteries low like that, just add some bash plates to prevent the shelf and brackets and screws from catching on things. Extra points for using a material that throws off a shower of sparks when it scrapes!

Kamil is building a trike? That I have to see! I have one of the first NoComs.

Where did you get those sliders for the battery boxes?

Thanks,

-Warren.

I can't wait to see the video!
otherDoc

docnjoj said:
I can't wait to see the video!
otherDoc

still way to go :(
delays due to wrong spokes/ controller, waiting and waiting!

Ordered micro boards from Geoff, other than that my battery packs are almost ready!

Attachments

• batteries inside.jpg
    batteries inside.jpg
    485.8 KB · Views: 2,013
am looking for a CNC torque arm - so that i can fix to disc brake mounts [2 holes] + fender hole + additionally using the hose pipe... :) - can send more detailed high quality pics

If anyone could CNC such torque plate for me - could be simple , i can drill those 3 holes myself. As long as it fits tightly the xlite HS35
Im happy to pay whatever price you find fair..

thanks!

Attachments

• torque.jpg
    torque.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 2,005
It looks sweet on battery case, Next batch going to use 24s4p or 24s5p, Im going order a bunch of 8400mAh and Do you think 4x or 5x will able fitting inside the case with the 6s 8400mAh? I have not check at the Hobbyking for the dimension compare between 5000mAh and 8400mAh.

wojtek said:
am looking for a CNC torque arm - so that i can fix to disc brake mounts [2 holes] + fender hole + additionally using the hose pipe... :) - can send more detailed high quality pics

If anyone could CNC such torque plate for me - could be simple , i can drill those 3 holes myself. As long as it fits tightly the xlite HS35

thanks!
Hi
I can get sheet stainless steel laser cut for a very reasonable price anything from 1.5mm to 8 mm I just need a pattern to work from that can be transferred into a cad package that the factory can use.

Geoff

chroot said:
It looks sweet on battery case, Next batch going to use 24s4p or 24s5p, Im going order a bunch of 8400mAh and Do you think 4x or 5x will able fitting inside the case with the 6s 8400mAh? I have not check at the Hobbyking for the dimension compare between 5000mAh and 8400mAh.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=16228
172x69x52mm

TOO BIG FOR THIS BOX im afraid.

I hardly can fit 5x zippy 22v5ah 20c after putting some cushioning and installing balance cable connectors ect...

chroot said:

http://lu.mouser.com/Enclosures/Enclosures-Boxes-Cases/_/N-5g3p/
you may want to play around with it to find your perfect box :)

Never mind, I see the 8000mAh is little bit larger in length than 5000 except width is perfect able fit in case but length wont let me fit with the 8000mAh.

Dang! I guess I will go for 5000mAh x5 and thanks for the warning.

wojtek said:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=16228
172x69x52mm

TOO BIG FOR THIS BOX im afraid.

I hardly can fit 5x zippy 22v5ah 20c after putting some cushioning and installing balance cable connectors ect...

Great project!

How batteries will be fixed in the box to prevent their damage?

i am not sure how to provide you with the pattern - the pics are showing the dropouts.
What i want to do, is to use the disc brakes hole as well as the mudguard one. additionally the standart hose clamps...

geoff57 said:
wojtek said:

thanks!
Hi
I can get sheet stainless steel laser cut for a very reasonable price anything from 1.5mm to 8 mm I just need a pattern to work from that can be transferred into a cad package that the factory can use.

Geoff

Attachments

• torque arm.jpg
    torque arm.jpg
    369.1 KB · Views: 1,933
  • torque arm 2.jpg
    torque arm 2.jpg
    312.1 KB · Views: 1,933
Finally the project is on the move!!!

After 4-5 exhausting months of waiting for various parts, finally i got it all today - the results are great!!!! It works great with Crystalyte HS and Crystalyte Sensorless controller!

More info and pics coming soon :D :D :D :D

take a video! I cant wait see your trike action. :lol:

will do! it may take few more weekends though..

first impressions on the Crystalyte HS35 motor - very good torque, very quiet, it works perfectly with crystalyte sensorless controller [the only little problem is to start]. Also i was impressed with little drag as for DD.
I have not ridden enough to confirm any issues with the sync at higher speeds. More tests to follow.

Great! I too am looking forward to your progress and success.
otherDoc

Nice to follow your progress. Nice build! Since you have added the battery, motor etc., does it still fold? And if it does, what advice would you give building out your scorpion fs in regards to allowing it to fold.

Thanks.

Back