• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

self learning controller what is this ?

hi i have just ordered from bmsbattery.com one of their 60v micro 15 controllers. it states all the normal connectors but also says self learning connector what is this for ? if pluged in will it work out the correct phase with my motor or is it something else ? regards

I think that's just for 60 or 120degree hall sensor setup. Some motors have 60degree and some 120. If the controller is "learning" it's going to work fine with either setup. Otherwise you would need to match the motor and controller to get the hall signals to work properly.

I had a "self learning" controller made by Yi-Yun I think (3 years ago) , connecting then disconnecting the extra 2 black wires did indeed make it "learn" my correct phase and hall wire combo. Took it 3 goes to get it right for a golden motor.

crimsonsnake0 said:
hi i have just ordered from bmsbattery.com one of their 60v micro 15 controllers. it states all the normal connectors but also says self learning connector what is this for ? if pluged in will it work out the correct phase with my motor or is it something else ? regards
crimsonsnake:

Can you please send the link? I don't see it in bmsbattery.com site.

hi sorry heres the site. http://www.ebike-bmsbattery.com/index.php?url=car.php anyone used these regards

Back