Silent as a Breeze

Hi Everyone,

I figuered I would just send a few lines as motivation for all you tech-dreamers who haven´t quite felt that you have enough meat on your bones to start your build.
I had been admireing the work done by so many otheres, I finaly had problems sleeping.
So while browsing through some adds for used cars/MC I found an add on a bike with a damaged engine (bent crankshaft).
Made the call and before you know it I had her in my garage.
The photo is of my now "resurrected" FZR-1000 1992, I call her Whisper, silent but deadly ;)

Here are the details.

Motor: ME1616
Controller: Sevcon Gen4 Size 6 80/550
BMS: ZEVA from ZERO EMISSION VEHICLES AUSTRALIA (unfortuenitly the Designer/Owner got his dream possition, but the product is now Open source)
Batterys: HECO LFP06160230-29Ah Pouch Lithium Ion Cell in a 28s4p build (11,8kW).

I have her as a commuter (140km/day) too and from work.
She has been up and running now for two years straight.

Fully charged I get about 210km distance, probably further if I went on a diet ;)
My average speed is 90km/h, I haven´t pressed her passed 120km/h.. Yet (still trimming the controller with the help of Tully at Electric drive engineering) but I´m getting there.

She is a true joy to ride, and I really like the quesions and look on peoples faces when the light turns green :)

So for those of you who cann´t quite make up your minds, don´t over think it! Just do it!!

Oh, and have fun in the process!!!

Attachments

• FZR-Whisper.jpeg
    FZR-Whisper.jpeg
    240.4 KB · Views: 10
Very nice build!
BMS: ZEVA from ZERO EMISSION VEHICLES AUSTRALIA (unfortuenitly the Designer/Owner got his dream possition, but the product is now Open source)
I did not know the bms designs were open souce! I just now went and downloaded all the files I could find on the zeva site!
For anyone else reading this, click on one of the product links, the design file(s) are at the top of the page.
Zero Emission Vehicles Australia

Back