Sine controller from Shanghai Leishun Industry Co., Ltd

oleka

1 mW
Hello,

I'm planning to buy this sine controller (Shanghai Leishun Industry Co., Ltd):

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/48V-500W-Brushless-DC-Sine-Wave-Controller-36V-500W-ebike-controller-48V-750W-ebike-controller-Regenerative/513166_32331382328.html

Does anybody here have this one ? I'm curious how it works in a reality.

Does it work well without LED display ? Any possible limiting of the top speed ?

The great features of a sine wave controller is the fact that it limits current, not speed and all the extra feature that come with using the LCD3 display.
If you don't take the time to learn about this, there is no point in buying a sine wave. Just get a square wave controller instead.

I bought that exact controller from that same vendor about 6 weeks ago, unfortunately I can't answer your questions because for now I am only using it with a throttle only. I am using this simple setup on a small cargo bike I just built and it works fine the way I am currently using it.

My recumbent bike has a Q100 with the BMSbattery 6FET controller and lcd display which is a fabulous setup. But I am concerned that the small controller might fail and I don't want the larger 12 FET controller. BMSbattery does not offer a 9FET controller so that's why I gave this a try (someday I will test this contoller with the lcd display). The vendor I got the controller from also shows an lcd display that looks identical to the one I have from BMSbattery, but when I got the controller, the connectors were not compatible. So I have not yet tried it with with the BMSbattery lcd, and I don't expect to get around to checking compatibility anytime soon.

If there is a difference between lcd and led display then I suspect this is for lcd.

My recumbent bike has a Q100 with the BMSbattery 6FET controller and lcd display which is a fabulous setup. But I am concerned that the small controller might fail and I don't want the larger 12 FET controller. BMSbattery does not offer a 9FET controller so that's why I gave this a try

That is exactaly why I don't use a BMS Battery sine wave with my Cuties.
Strangely, I was looking at this controller yesterday(on Ebay)and wondering the same thing, will it work with the BMS B. LCD3.
Sure would be great if you could try it. It's not that hard to do, to just test you could clip-off both connectors and "twist and tape". You could even ck the wire colors before cutting off the connectors, I think they will be the same. Then, if it does work and you want to permenately connect them, you can use a JXT extension like we use with Lipo packs.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__9739__JST_XH_Wire_Extension_6S_20cm_10pcs_bag_.html

How about it?

It has always been my intention to try this on my recumbent with the Q100, lcd display, and PAS. I will be able to check that out in the next day or two. This morning, I took the 9FET sine wave controller off my cargo bike and replaced it with a 6FET square wave controller I had not been using. So that bike is working and that's the way it will stay if I like the 9FET controller on the recumbent. I will post again when I get to it.

Also, if you look at the OP's link it says this controller is for a non gear hub motor, but I have been using it on a geared motor.

I brought my recumbent bike into my basement to work on swapping controllers.
First off, the 9FET controller works with the BMSbattery LCD display and I will be keeping this controller on this bike.

As for connectors, all the major ones plug together. I believe the PAS is the only connector that needs modification. In setting this up on the other bike I had made some connector changes and I'm the one that muddled things up. Also, the hall connector for the 9FET controller includes a white wire for speed sensor, neither the 6FET controller nor my motor has this wire. I have an external speed sensor and that both controllers accept.

But here's the weird thing--at no load speed it dosen't run as fat as with the BMSbattery 6FET controller. I haven't had it outside yet. And did I mention it's 30 deg and snowing right now. So maybe tomorrow I can road test it.

These are the no load speeds with both controllers with 10s battery at 37.4v and in PAS-5. 6FET--21.6 mph 9FET--18.9 mph. This is per LCD display and I have Q100 328rpm in 20 in wheel.

It was cold and windy today when I took the bike with 9fet controller for test ride. With my light pedaling it held 17/18 mph into the wind. It performs about the same as the 6fet except it accelerates a bit faster and top speed is 2 to 3 mph slower. It's quite, but the 6fet is silent, the difference in noise is perceptible but not enough difference to matter.

I am speculating that none of the sine wave controllers have exact sine waves, but several steps of square waves that approximate a sine wave. Depending on how fast the current is ramped up and down would affect top speed.

I have not been using PAS-5 with the 6fet controller because I didn't want to push too much through it and PAS-4 is about the speed I want to go anyway. So I will keep the 9fet on this bike for the added reliability of 9 vs 6 fets.

Back