Sourcing "RCA" Connector w short centre pin

dilkes

100 W
I'm trying to find a connector just like the one in the pic below - to modify a charger I have. I believe these are often referred to as "RCA plugs". As far as I know, a normal RCA plug for audio has a long center pin sticking out to make it easy to find the hole and plug it in. These ones used for batteries have a short pin so it doesn't spark out when trying to plug it in if the pin accidentally touches the negative side of the jack on the battery. I've looked in all my normal places but no luck. Wondered if anyone here knows where to get something like this? - or better yet a cable with a molded plug attached to it?
event_263531522.jpg

I haven't seen that type, but why not just cut off or file down the longer part of the center pin on the regular type? Then fill it with solder, if you need it solid, or if that removes the connection to your wire.

Looks like a good way to make sparks, not avoid them. Without the longer key pin, the edge of the socket could short the charger plug if you miss by just a few mm.
I saw one that protruded very little once, but only because it was so cheap the pin had slipped in. It was a cheap molded affair just like yours.

We use the term phono plug more often in the uk.

Back