Spanish Market Grows 5% in 2014; E-Bikes on the March

LockH

1 PW
Ummm.. Started out in Victoria BC Canada, then sta
http://www.bike-eu.com/sales-trends...grows-5-in-2014-e-bikes-on-the-march-10124285

Includes:
According to the AMBE study electric bikes deserve special attention. In particular as Spain is, “On the path of strong growth for this category in the next years.” In 2014 total e-bike sales in Spain stood at 17,655 units. Still a low figure. However, says AMBE, it scored the highest percentage growth (76.2%) of all categories which is also on par with data from other European markets.

8)

We are really out of the market :?

We need a pair of years more until those little (for now) e-bike shops / e-bike models on bycicle shops will get more rivalry and being oblied to lower those terrific high prices we have..

- Stupid law. 25km/h limit is obviously made to preserve oil.
- Far away from china. Very high shipping fees.
- Private customs. Very high fees again. 40 € goods pay 30€ at customs. Big parcels are always stopped.
- Very few stores, street legal mostly. Not even an option for many people.
- Almost inexistant repairing service. 0 warranty in many cases. Some people just get rid of the bike at the first failure.
- Low wages.
- Zero green tax reduction. As a matter of fact solar pannels are overtaxed and sun light has taxes too (Believe it or not).
Therefore is not suitable for anyone. I don't think the ebikes market is gonna make the difference as long as the facts above don't change. Since we are ruled by criminals they will not change at all in a near future.

Hola. Yet folks seem to be "lapping ebikes up" en España. :)
power-output-during-2005-tour-de-france-slide-04.jpg

Of course they lapped up yet that market didn't take off and will never reach USA numbers. Very few people has ever rode an ebike here. And most people can't use it for daily commute. Unless you live really close to your job you need an illegal ride.
I have great expectations on the Bultaco Brinco, street legal at decent speeds. Not out yet tho. Still not legal either.
I have chosen the way of the outlaw rider. That's the only way for me. Long live green!

In Canada, we get to play legal 500 watts CONTINUOUS. 8) (NO mention re peak outputs.) :twisted:

Imho anything below 50 km/h is not a viable option for daily commute. Ebikes should have obligatory insurance, driving license and no speed limits.

1qires.jpg

In this country you can run drunk in front of the bulls but you can't ride an ebike beyond 25 km/h "for your own safety" LOL!!

rojitor said:
Imho anything below 50 km/h is not a viable option for daily commute. Ebikes should have obligatory insurance, driving license and no speed limits.
Oooops.
:(

Back