Speedict Ebike - Anybody seen/tried this?

Erikjan said:
Oh i see. There is a diverense with the android user guid P33 is correct.
The ebike user guide P7 Rev. 3.0 is wrong. (this is the one on as now your website)

on page 7 rev. 3 of ebike user guide is mention the java version, for android and latest firmware we changed on port 2 and 4.
it is misleading, next revision will amend it, thanks for your reminds :D

danny

I live in Holland. Rain and 11-16C here .

I orderd the throttle cables yesterday.

I test the hardware as you told.
It looks ok.
Port 1 gives the correct speed and port 2 and 4 gives the correct temp.
Port 3 i can't test becouse i dont have the PAS sensor yet.

Have one little problem with the android software.

Sometimes the software crash and force closed.
Then i have to reboot the phone before i can reconnect the speedict.

When i synchronize the trip data it every time crash after a few trips I have to restart 2 or 3 times before i have all tripdata.

I use the Samsung Galaxy S2. This evening i will try my old phone to see if that works ok.

Erikjan said:
I live in Holland. Much rain here.

I orderd the throttle cables yesterday.

I test the hardware as you told.
It looks ok.
Port 1 gives the correct speed and port 2 and 4 gives the correct temp.
Port 3 i can't test becouse i dont have the PAS sensor yet.

Have one little problem with the android software.

Sometimes the software crash and force closed.
Then i have to reboot the phone before i can reconnect the speedict.

When i synchronize the trip data it every time crash after a few trips I have to restart 2 or 3 times before i have all tripdata.

I use the Samsung Galaxy S2. This evening i will try my old phone to see if that works ok.

please try other android phone and see if it is still crash and crash on sync, then you can erase all data on speedict ebike and create few records, then sync again, would like to know if it was caused by data ?

Erikjan said:
How do i erase all data? After a compleet sync the speedict is empty?

actually the records you synchronized still there (inside speedict ebike), but won't sync next time, if you want to erase record(s) inside speedict ebike, you can use pc suite. connect speedict ebike to pc with usb cable, run pc suite, go to menu -> file -> erase data ...

good luck and let me know if your problem was caused by android phone or not

danny

Just was told this dirt cheap Java Phone / Watch is available (Made in China) ... may try it !

Overview:

It is a watch mobile with mp3, mp4, e-book and Bluetooth. It's not only a watch, but also a mobile phone. With fashionable design, this watch phone is convenient to take and support wireless stereo headphone for hands-free answering. Like the stylish and affordable wrist watch cell phones, good choice for you and your friends!

Features:

- 1.4 inch Resistive touch screen Watch mobile phone
- Includes mobile phone and Bluetooth
- Touch input for convenient operation
- 1 SIM card slot and works with GSM 850/900/1800/1900MHz
- Bluetooth for hand-free access calling and music/video enjoyment
- JAVA for downloading most third party applications to install
- Supports TF card to expand storage up to 2GB (Micro SD/T-Flash card Not included)
- Utility multi-media functions: Music/ Video Player + Unit converter + E-book reader + Game + Currency converter
- Handy Tools: Calendar + Alarm + Calculator + World Clock + Tasks
- Rubber band, Comfortable to wear
- Perfect gifts for you and your friends

Specifications:

- Screen: 1.4 inch HD TFT LCD Touch Screen
- Supports MP3/MP4 player and E-book
- Supports TF memory card up to 2GB
- Supports Bluetooth
- Supports JAVA Games
- Supports GPRS internet access
- Support multiple languages, such as English and Chinese
Color: Black&Silver (as shown in the picture)
Dimensions: 45 x 41 x 13mm (Not included watchband)
Battery: 3.7v 350mAh Li-ion Battery
Weight: 160g

Thnx i have to do the trick later to day becouse this pc is x64 win7 .
I let you now when i try.

The tip from the watch is from me to ;) i like to know if it will work. Maybe use a 2e speedict for java then.
1 speedict for throttle override and 1 for the mutli sens mode with a java watch :)

other thing maybe possible is make the app compatible with this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KN2qoA0FfHQ

Erikjan said:
Thnx i have to do the trick later to day becouse this pc is x64 win7 .
I let you now when i try.

The tip from the watch is from me to ;) i like to know if it will work. Maybe use a 2e speedict for java then.
1 speedict for throttle override and 1 for the mutli sens mode with a java watch :)

other thing maybe possible is make the app compatible with this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KN2qoA0FfHQ

don't need 2 speedict ebike if we change the software :D

the video you shown me is about sony live view gadget, but this not work with speedict ebike because sony didn't open to connect other device, it can communicate with sony android only ... but don't worry soon or later they will make android watch, and wait for dirt cheap china company.

cheers.

danny

So i do reset the data with a win xp computer. Now i can import data with the pc suite befor that don't work.

The android software is more stable now, it don't force closed anymore.
Only 1 time the synchronize tripdata with phone go wrong. is say be patient but after 10 minutes nothing happend and i was not patient anymore.
Then i disconnect everyting en try again. This time it worked ok in a few seconds.

I like this little thing, it is fun to see everything at the phone and @ home check the log file.

One thing is a bit strange, the gps speed in the log file is diverent from the sensor speed. I thing the sensor speed is good.
But how is it possibele GPS speed is not correct ? Its no big problem use the sensor speed for me. When i ride the speed @ phone is same as speed @ my simple Sigma bike computer.

Other phone make no diverence. I use galaxy s2 @ ICS 4.0.3 and galaxy Gio @ 2.3.3

Erikjan said:
I like this little thing, it is fun to see everything at the phone and @ home check the log file.

please wait for little while, if we have time we will code the last piece of code ... then you can upload your log(s) directly with your android to our cloud server, you can then use any browser e.g. ipad, iphone to check your log(s) anywhere :D

Erikjan said:
One thing is a bit strange, the gps speed in the log file is diverent from the sensor speed. I thing the sensor speed is good.
But how is it possibele GPS speed is not correct ? Its no big problem use the sensor speed for me. When i ride the speed @ phone is same as speed @ my simple Sigma bike computer.

recently we have received similar case, the speed different was caused by KMH and MPH normally they sent out MPH and default to google api, i think some phone company changed or customized their ROM with different treatment ...

Erikjan said:
Other phone make no diverence. I use galaxy s2 @ ICS 4.0.3 and galaxy Gio @ 2.3.3
that's good information !

aixelsyd said:
Just found out about THIS watch that connects via Bluetooth. The website says there is an open SDK. Looks pretty sharp! I wouldn't mind having the speedict display on one of these :)

need more information on it ... perhaps it's like sony's live view, connect and communicate with android phone, not standalone device and bluetooth is occupied by android phone ... and the price is not cheap, personally i like this http://www.imwatch.it

I just bought a speedict. Only connected it to the battery since i have no ebike build-ed yet, but it is looking great so far.

Should i use a precharge circuit to protect the speedict with my setup?
I have a 36V/15Ah Ping.
I plan to use a big mainswitch and fuse right after the battery on the + wire.
Then connection to the Speedict.
Then connection to a 12Fet controller.

If needed i'll wire a precharge circuit parallel to the mainswitch. Should i?

N!co said:
I just bought a speedict. Only connected it to the battery since i have no ebike build-ed yet, but it is looking great so far.

Should i use a precharge circuit to protect the speedict with my setup?
I have a 36V/15Ah Ping.
I plan to use a big mainswitch and fuse right after the battery on the + wire.
Then connection to the Speedict.
Then connection to a 12Fet controller.

If needed i'll wire a precharge circuit parallel to the mainswitch. Should i?

For 36v battery you don't need precharge circuit with or without mainswitch installed, if you want to better protect speedict ebike from inrush current please bear in mind every time when connect speedict ebike in series with battery and controller you already connect speedict to battery first then connect with speed controller since the big capacitor of speed controller can cause big inrush in your power system ...

@ speedict

did you send the throttle cabels aready?

Can't wait to use the override function .

Hi Danny,
Now that the last release has came out, do you guys plan to release the "battery gauge" function in the next release ? The user could have the choice between an analog or a digital meter. Such a function would be very handy.

PeeHell said:
Hi Danny,
Now that the last release has came out, do you guys plan to release the "battery gauge" function in the next release ? The user could have the choice between an analog or a digital meter. Such a function would be very handy.

we are working on website re-design, so battery gauge will be postponed on next or after next release ...

Speedict works good now software don't crash after delete trip info, only the trip synchonize with the phones dont work good.
I have to try 2 or 3 times before everyting is ok. Maybe the next version app works ok on my phone.

Synchronize with a windows pc works good.

I still like the divice. It save me a 100 dollar battery already when i connect the empty one bij mistake, after a 5km voltage alarm bieps every cel 2,9V ;) .
Hope my bms arrives soon then it is more save @ cellevel.

Erikjan said:
Speedict works good now software don't crash after delete trip info, only the trip synchonize with the phones dont work good.
I have to try 2 or 3 times before everyting is ok. Maybe the next version app works ok on my phone.

can you do a test ? because it may caused by phone's rom, you can use your android to do file transfer with another android see if same issues as file sync with speedict ebike ... we have received similar compliant before, after rom fixed or upgrade, problem solved.

Erikjan said:
I still like the divice. It save me a 100 dollar battery already when i connect the empty one bij mistake, after a 5km voltage alarm bieps every cel 2,9V ;) .
Hope my bms arrives soon then it is more save @ cellevel.

on the other hand we distorted one customer's battery because he didn't disconnect his battery with speedict ebike and leave for a week, even we drawn few mA .... so we will provide sleep mode or auto shutdown mode to minimize the current drawn when idling on next release (hope) ...

Back