Stand-up Off-Road Scooter

I'm looking for kick type electric scooter for off road use. I'm not small 5'8", 175 lbs. I want to be able to ride on uneven trails. Dependable, tough, able to jump small bunny bumps without damaging the scooter. Speed not necessary. Top speed of 20 mph is plenty. Is there anything out there like I am looking for under $1000. I see pics of some on google but they are all from China. Anyone have advice? I don't have anything against buying from China but I need a recommendation. Thanks.

I guess I am really looking for an electric mountain scooter like the ones used in Europe for riding down mountains in the summer only electric.

I don't have one myself but I saw this on YouTube when I was doing some research on electric scooters

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21QLcySMTdM&t=261s

This is mine that I'm working on at the moment. Won't come in under $1000 unfortunately. The motor arrived just before Christmas but wasn't right so I'm waiting to hear back from the manufacturer.

image_zpsf4xpfbt7.jpeg

I know of one for sale similar to mine but without rear suspension if you wanted to consider shipping from the UK? Or you could convert a "Pawtrekker" dog scooter which I've also done!

Thats sweet suggs, I've been looking at the oset trials bike but to fit a larger motor needs swing arm work and its a little heavy to be carrying through my house, So i want something I can take off road I've got a motor and batterys to do a 20s set up just need the £45 controller, i also want to gear low 20mph so its nippy up paths the stand on you show looks very good for trails, I find my current chineseam scooter fly's off road upto 40mph and pulling up steep inclines no probs but its just too fast for the frame its dodgy as hell ragging it about it hops everywhere I've added better brakes adjusted it to my weight etc but its just the wrong shape for off road it bounces about like american muscle great commuter but when the going gets tough I need a better ride.

I hit a small hump back jump with it that i had done on a small razor e300 same speed no probs but on the Chineseam i was air born needed a little basket on the front with ET, since then I've recognised its flexibility and bounciness and want to get two rides one off road one on.

Suggs thanks for the picture and response. Please post updates of your build. I'm very interested. Unfortunately, in the States downhill scooters are a relatively rare breed.

Back