• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

Supplier for E-Bike 2kw stuff in melbourne?

Hey Guys,

Does anyone know of suppliers that have stock of 2kw+ stuff in melbourne? I was chatting to frankencycle yesterday and a great guy and service but didnt have everything I wanted.
I also am trying to get a hold of E-MTB but it seems as though he is on holidays or something as the phone goes straight to voicemail and no replies to sms or anything.

So I'm hoping to get parts for a build for the weekend but not so sure now..

Thanks.

Unfortunately Stealth wont sell parts for a conversion. They only have replacement parts for the stealth bikes, being the fact that the battery is $2800.. I assume the engines and controllers are inflated as well. However I didnt ask..

Its a badly kept secret that www.e-MTB.com.au = Stealth "spare parts division".

Are you after 2kW+ DD motors or equivalent torque in something else?

Thanks guys, yeah I noticed that with e-mtb.. I actually rang stealth to ask about parts and they suggested e-mtb. But so far no phone call or email has been replied too.. Stealth actually said oh well we will take your number and pass it on and get them to call you today or tomorrow as they are in the same factories.

I am after a 2kw DD motor 135mm dropout, wheel, controller, thumb throttle etc.. pretty much everything bar the batteries

I'm trying Hyena, but they only have an email address and no phone... By the looks of their website, they only sell there own kits too.. not parts like e-mtb..

It seems as though the only one taking this seriously as a proper business in australia is Stealth and Frankencycle. For everyone else its a hobby business with only email or a sim card number they put in every now and again to check messages.

Samd said:
Its a badly kept secret that http://www.e-MTB.com.au = Stealth "spare parts division".

Are you after 2kW+ DD motors or equivalent torque in something else?

hey you got me thinking.... so I did a http://whois.ausregistry.com.au/ lookup on stealth and e-mtb... and its the same company. I thought you just meant that stealth use them for spare parts as apparently they are in the same gorup of factories.. I didnt realise they were in the same factory.. LOL

Mad.. Im goign to hassle the crap out of stealth until i get my parts now, least they answer their phone ;)

Speedracer said:
Mad.. Im goign to hassle the crap out of stealth until i get my parts now, least they answer their phone ;)

Hassling Stealth will likely end up in just getting told to get lost.

As far as I know, E-MTB is handled separately and by different people even though they have some common suppliers, warehousing and were both started by John of Stealth fame.

I have a vague notion of the situation as I wrote the original E-MTB.com.au site many years ago.

voicecoils said:
Speedracer said:

Hassling Stealth will likely end up in just getting told to get lost.

As far as I know, E-MTB is handled separately and by different people even though they have some common suppliers, warehousing and were both started by John of Stealth fame.

I have a vague notion of the situation as I wrote the original E-MTB.com.au site many years ago.

Indeed. Just because they are the same doesn't mean you shouldn't play nice OP.

I just spent a lot of money with them on a bomber, so at least they could accommodate me spending more money with them. They were basically telling me that I can only buy stealth parts for my stealth bike.. So no go on fighter parts for my other build, although I could possibly play with it to get the parts but the drop out is different anyway. There service has been great so far so it's now a case that if they pass my details on and there's no call I will call them back to ask again.. No harm in that.

I would love a one stop shop for high power parts, that would offer service and a shop front. That isn't too much to ask is it? Lol

Whoot got my parts.. Finally a call to stealth and luckily the guy was standing next to the guy who answered so I organised to grab it and all good!! Totally stoked!! Now battery choice..

:)

The Turnigy 5s and 6s 5ahr packs from Hobbyking AU are about the cheapest to buy, a brick is about $40 / $50 respectively for 5s/6s.

Cheers mate. Yeah I'm looking at either 5ah 6s for $55 or 2.65ah 6s for $22 which two will give more capacity and cheaper..

Not sure on either 2 6s or 3 5s as it's 44.4v or 55.5v.. But unsure as the 6s if I go 3 will be 66.6v but that's over the volt I it of the controller..

Back