SVD - Simple Vesc Display

ChipLogic

1 µW
Hello guys , great to be part of this great comunity. Not too long ago (6 months - ish) i`ve finally managed to build my e-bike and since then i was craving for a display to have proper readings of speed, temps , etc as using the phone was not really a good option for me. After many nights of trying to make davega and roxie work on the hardware that i already had laying around ( esp32 + ili9341) i decided its better to do my own so... i present you SVD - Simple Vesc Display.
Please do keep in mind that i`m not a programmer by any units of measurments and code was inspired from davega/roxie.

Code and libraries that i used can be found here : GitHub - Gh0513d/SVD: Simple Vesc Display based on esp32
I choose tft_eSPI library as it supports alot of display models.

Connections between display and ESP32 are:
DISPLAY -------- ESP32
MISO -------------D19
MOSI ------------ D23
SCLK ------------ D18
CS --------------- D5
DC --------------- D2
RST --------------- D4

ESP32 ------------ VESC
3.3 ------------- 3.3
GND ---------- GND
TX2 ----------- RX
RX2 ---------- TX

As im based in Europe all units are in metric but i guess someone could fork it and do a Imperial version.
Functions :
1. Speed ---- Also has a limit warning implemented where it will change color
2. Vesc temperature ---- Also has a limit warning implemented where it will change color
3. Motor temperature(if no sensor connected it will show N.A) ---- Also has a limit warning implemented where it will change color
4. Battery ---- Also has a high/low limit warning implemented where it will change color
Battery section can be configured to display avg cell voltage or total voltage.
5. Motor current
6. Battery current
7. Trip
8. Odometer

For now has no buttons or any other functions but i do plan when i get the time to implement OTA and a simple webbased feature to be able to edit all the warning limit values and odometer without the need to recompile and flash it.

If anyone plans to use it please take the time to look into the tft_espi library and SVD.ino to configure it properly for your hardware.

Awesome work 👍
I'd need a few of these myself but I'm too lazy to make this kind of stuff, guess I'll stick with the phone as a screen for now.

thanks. I plan to make some boards (jlc has moq of 5) and a proper 3d printed case after i finish implementing the turn signal/brake/follow lights into it as for now it just a display with an esp32 glued on the back of it :))

@ChipLogic

I may be missing something big in this process, lol. This is my first time not loading an OS onto an ESP22 and just placing files. Am I doing that wrong? Should there be an OS on the device first? I'm so confused and sent you a PM on here with my contact info, if you wouldn't mind helping me out a bit?

So I was able to get it loaded to the ESP32, now I'm getting compiling errors for two fonts you use though...

#define SPEEDFONT &JerseyM54_82pt7b
#define DATAFONTSMALL2 &JerseyM54_14pt7b
#define DATAFONTSMALLTEXT &Blockletter8pt7b

Hey. Sorry for the late reply but i was occupied with some stuff that kept me away from internet. You need to put the fonts in the fonts folder in inside tft_espi library . Fonts are provided on my github

Back