Swapping bar grips on an E-twow

Hi.

I have an E-Twow S2 (Booster model) and I am thinking about ordering some new (more comfortable) bar grips from ebay. Can I order standard-sized bike ones, or will they be unsuitable? Anyone know for sure?

Cheers! 8)

Yeah, ended up doing just that. Only takes a few seconds to drill two little holes for the fold-down release mechanism.

14wya3b.jpg

zo6qmq.jpg

2u89hra.jpg

Cotemar said:
Pictures would be nice :)
Actually I've posted three. Perhaps tinypic was down when you checked this thread, but anyway right now the pics are showing up here just fine for me. :?

Cotemar said:
Luther,

Wow, very nice job.

I like the bell and LED light on the tube.
Where did you buy the LED from?
Glad you like it. :)

The light is an LED Lenser P7 which I bought from an ebay shop something like five years ago.

Just after I ordered the scooter, I noticed that the company which makes those torches (um, I suppose you would say flashlights) also sells a bike mount, so I bought one and it works a treat. 8)

The built-in light is fine for warning people that you're coming, but on an unlit road, mine is much more helpful in terms of actually seeing where you are going. :p

The bar grips have turned out to be absolutely ideal. ...Almost as if they've been designed for this model! Because the scooter has a thumb lever throttle, you naturally have a more open palm than a cyclist while operating it. This means that your hands rest perfectly on the flat part of the grip. Basically the comfort levels are much much better now.

Since taking those pictures I have removed the zip-tied bluetooth speaker. It works really well, but I've decided that I just don't want to spoil the look that way. Turns out that it fits in a water bottle holder (tried it in my friend's bike), so I might get one of those at some point. :)

Back