Test: rear end car with e-bike on rack

Bike Xing

1 W
One of my bikes got sandwiched between two cars.
Bummer.

Attachments

• rear end small.jpg
    rear end small.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 1,146
Glad you weren't on it.

I guess your ebike and car interrupted someone's text message. I'd ask the police to subpoena the perpetrator's phone records.

So the test is to see who will assume that the other car rear ended your e-bike, and not that you rear ended the other car with your e-bike ?

aroundqube said:
So the test is to see who will assume that the other car rear ended your e-bike...
Daaaaam, I already failed the test!

One hopes the doofus who hit you got his car really frocked up by the bike rack.

The real reason the pro racers really seem to prefer the roof mount bike rack. But we are stuck with hitch mounts for heavy ebikes.

Off topic, anybody else see that clip where Sagan puts his bike on the roof top rack. He rode it right up there. 8)

Now I need to figure out how to properly show the insurance company what this bike was worth. Does anybody have experience with that kind of thing? It's not like I have a receipt.

Risen from the ashes:

This time with a Rohloff rear hub for a little more high end and a little less weight, and a new full suspension Fuji bike.

Bike Xing said:
Risen from the ashes:

This time with a Rohloff rear hub for a little more high end and a little less weight, and a new full suspension Fuji bike.

That's a sweet looking Phoenix :D

spinningmagnets said:
Is that an EGO kit? do you have a build thread or ride results?
I built these myself. I never really put together a build thread. I have put some stuff together for ride results.
http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=51114
I took it for an 18 mile trail ride for the maiden voyage and then into the snow this last weekend.
Before I made the ride "private" on Strava I had a couple KOM's on the route.

Attachments

• 18 mile lucas valley ride.JPG
    18 mile lucas valley ride.JPG
    97.2 KB · Views: 927
  • 18 mile lucas valley graph.JPG
    18 mile lucas valley graph.JPG
    50 KB · Views: 462
Here's the end of the snow ride in Tahoe.
Another guy on a fat bike rode this same trail and based on the tracks he had an easier time of it. I did okay though.

Attachments

• 20131123_145422.jpg
    20131123_145422.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 915
Back