The new Onebot S6 folding Ebike review!

Zaki the sales rep from Onebot was nice enough to send me the all new S6 folding Ebike to unbox and review on my Youtube channel. Please take a moment to give it a watch and let me know what you think of it. If you have an older model feel free to comment on the changes they have made and what is different.

Specs below
Color : White/Black/Grey/Orange
Bike Type : Folding electric bike
Age Range : 16+
Brand : Onebot
Wheel Size : 16 inches
Specific Uses For Product : Light & Sporty
Suspension Type : Integrated shock absorber
Special Feature : Folding type
Frame Material : Magnesium alloy
Brake Style : Front and Rear Disc Brake
36v 7.8ah 280.8wh removable lockable battery

· Small folding, travels with you

· Easy to Remove Battery

· Magnesium ultra-light frame

· Secure magnetic folding

· Travel 30 miles on a charge

· 250w motor tackles steep inclines

· Includes front & rear fenders

Last edited:
I had to re-upload this review due to a copyright claim issue. Please check it out and let me know what you think!

The bike is pretty easy to ride, my favorite part is being able to ride no hands with pedal assist it is loads of fun and I actually get a tiny bit of exercise!
IMG_8024.jpgIMG_8025.jpgIMG_8016.jpgIMG_8015.jpgIMG_8014.jpgIMG_8013.jpgIMG_8017.jpgIMG_8011.jpg

Last edited:
Had a very bad range test recently, going to be reaching out to OneBot to see what they can do

Did you charge up the battery before the test? I bought a refurbed Jetson Haze for $399 end of Dec last year (couldn't resist). It's very similar in size and construction to the Onebot except the Haze has a 350W motor and a 48V 7.5 AH battery. I range tested it on throttle and had no problems meeting its 15.5 miles spec range (I'm 1/2 your weight so that probably makes a difference)

Did you charge up the battery before the test? I bought a refurbed Jetson Haze for $399 end of Dec last year (couldn't resist). It's very similar in size and construction to the Onebot except the Haze has a 350W motor and a 48V 7.5 AH battery. I range tested it on throttle and had no problems meeting its 15.5 miles spec range (I'm 1/2 your weight so that probably makes a difference)
Yes it was plugged in and charged to full a day prior with the charger that came with the bike, then again before the ride i plugged it in just to make sure it was full

yes i'm a large rider for sure 6'3" and slightly overweight but nothing crazy

I will see what OneBot says about this because this was a demo bike, maybe they gave me a bad battery, even last summer the kids took it around the block and it came back dead leaving them to pedal after just a few minutes

Gotta say, it's somewhat refreshing to see a folding e-bike that actually folds down small (because it's not cursed with stupid fat knobby tires that it doesn't have enough power to take advantage of anyway).

I will remind everyone that folding bikes are always inferior to regular bikes unless that's the only way you can have a bike available to use. They don't fit anyone well, they don't handle well, they have terrible ride quality, they creak and flex annoyingly, they're heavy, and they don't carry things competently.

Most folding bikes in my area are gifts people bought for their cars.

Gotta say, it's somewhat refreshing to see a folding e-bike that actually folds down small (because it's not cursed with stupid fat knobby tires that it doesn't have enough power to take advantage of anyway).

I will remind everyone that folding bikes are always inferior to regular bikes unless that's the only way you can have a bike available to use. They don't fit anyone well, they don't handle well, they have terrible ride quality, they creak and flex annoyingly, they're heavy, and they don't carry things competently.

Most folding bikes in my area are gifts people bought for their cars.
I must say the bike is extremely well built and i really like it. Folds down super easy and when its locked in ride position it is super sturdy and feels solid! The only down side is the battery as of right now. It is certainly not a bike for a large guy like me to joy ride around on in the woods or long journeys...but for city or small trips around town its a go to!

Zaki the sales rep from Onebot was nice enough to send me the all new S6 folding Ebike to unbox and review on my Youtube channel. Please take a moment to give it a watch and let me know what you think of it. If you have an older model feel free to comment on the changes they have made and what is different.

Specs below
Color : White/Black/Grey/Orange
Bike Type : Folding electric bike
Age Range : 16+
Brand : Onebot
Wheel Size : 16 inches
Specific Uses For Product : Light & Sporty
Suspension Type : Integrated shock absorber
Special Feature : Folding type
Frame Material : Magnesium alloy
Brake Style : Front and Rear Disc Brake
36v 7.8ah 280.8wh removable lockable battery

· Small folding, travels with you

· Easy to Remove Battery

· Magnesium ultra-light frame

· Secure magnetic folding

· Travel 30 miles on a charge

· 250w motor tackles steep inclines

· Includes front & rear fenders
Can you recommend this electric bike to me?

::blinks::

I have a Jetson out front that looks a lot like that. When my 5'2 12y/o gets on it, looks cool and fun.

I am *not* putting my arse on it. I have seen the movies of the bear riding the little bike....

I have looked at the odd little folding ebikes and literally my first thought every time is "and one more engineering team decides to start by lighting the box on fire" Form Follows Function. Is a very clear statement and in many cases is horribly absolutely true. The guy that invented the Segway, Died when his segway went out of control, because riding on one requires you trust the silicon brain that is in charge of keeping it upright has not one spot of bad code in it.... heh...

I guess he got rebooted. Maybe next time he will think that something to balance the process besides something that runs on batteries would be a good idea.

In any case, when you are gonna test a new bit of kit, treat it like a brand new pair of boots.

Strap em on, and stomp around the house. Do that a few times. Then get all wild and hit *your* yard.

Give it at least 10 miles of walking/running/whatever before you trust that you have broken them in.

The advice an old soldier gave me before I went to OCS.... I followed the advice, I wasn't stupid... decade or so later when I realized what he was saying I reversed that opinion of m'self.

And as a fellow video editor, learn the fast roll technique... keeps the vidya more spicey.

::blinks::

I have a Jetson out front that looks a lot like that. When my 5'2 12y/o gets on it, looks cool and fun.

I am *not* putting my arse on it. I have seen the movies of the bear riding the little bike....

I have looked at the odd little folding ebikes and literally my first thought every time is "and one more engineering team decides to start by lighting the box on fire" Form Follows Function. Is a very clear statement and in many cases is horribly absolutely true. The guy that invented the Segway, Died when his segway went out of control, because riding on one requires you trust the silicon brain that is in charge of keeping it upright has not one spot of bad code in it.... heh...

I guess he got rebooted. Maybe next time he will think that something to balance the process besides something that runs on batteries would be a good idea.

In any case, when you are gonna test a new bit of kit, treat it like a brand new pair of boots.

Strap em on, and stomp around the house. Do that a few times. Then get all wild and hit *your* yard.

Give it at least 10 miles of walking/running/whatever before you trust that you have broken them in.

The advice an old soldier gave me before I went to OCS.... I followed the advice, I wasn't stupid... decade or so later when I realized what he was saying I reversed that opinion of m'self.

And as a fellow video editor, learn the fast roll technique... keeps the vidya more spicey.
Thanks for your input but you are comparing a jetson to a onebot, jetson is not a fair comparison and less than half the price its not even in the same ballpark. And ive had this bike for quite a while ive done much more than 10 miles on it.

Im also a big guy and this bike is extremely comfortable to ride even if it looks ridiculous to others!

Last edited:
i don't care if it a the blast tastic 2600, now with sparkles.

It is not about the quality of the ride (oh, and the garbage jetson, starts up, runs every time the kiddo grabs it, I got them from an auction for $50 with the intent of flipping them., spent about 75 each on them making them a lil safer and more useful. Been consistantly getting 300 for em, So, your junk, my little make money off of christmas fund) and uhm, onnce again, that awesome ride, hell, you sounded like a 20 year smoker running to catch the ice cream truck.

Brother, the commentary was about the shit shape of these little retarded ebikes, poorly built across the board despite the price.

I am in the unenviable position of being the one dad in a square mile that can turn a wrench, I fix all kinds of shit I have no idea how to deal with, I have begged help from half the people on this site because of it. I wish there was a shop to send them to. But that high quality direct from china POS you are repping... Every shop owner I have talked to is either at the point, or close to refusing to touch them. Because... Dangerous, poor design, not a frigging bike. It is a mistake with wheels.

Glad you got it to work.. I had to put peddles and a seat on the one out front. Battery pack had if any maybe 2-3 cycles on it, stripped it down rebuilt it and made damn sure it was safe.
He takes it around the block with his buddies, I don't let him take it for 10 miles because I am not an idiot and I "trust" it in walking home distance.

Oh sorry, were you gonna point out superiority? better find a better product... and the ability to make a point.

(yeah, it is harsh, my day sucked and frankly I was nice the first time)

i don't care if it a the blast tastic 2600, now with sparkles.

It is not about the quality of the ride (oh, and the garbage jetson, starts up, runs every time the kiddo grabs it, I got them from an auction for $50 with the intent of flipping them., spent about 75 each on them making them a lil safer and more useful. Been consistantly getting 300 for em, So, your junk, my little make money off of christmas fund) and uhm, onnce again, that awesome ride, hell, you sounded like a 20 year smoker running to catch the ice cream truck.

Brother, the commentary was about the shit shape of these little retarded ebikes, poorly built across the board despite the price.

I am in the unenviable position of being the one dad in a square mile that can turn a wrench, I fix all kinds of shit I have no idea how to deal with, I have begged help from half the people on this site because of it. I wish there was a shop to send them to. But that high quality direct from china POS you are repping... Every shop owner I have talked to is either at the point, or close to refusing to touch them. Because... Dangerous, poor design, not a frigging bike. It is a mistake with wheels.

Glad you got it to work.. I had to put peddles and a seat on the one out front. Battery pack had if any maybe 2-3 cycles on it, stripped it down rebuilt it and made damn sure it was safe.
He takes it around the block with his buddies, I don't let him take it for 10 miles because I am not an idiot and I "trust" it in walking home distance.

Oh sorry, were you gonna point out superiority? better find a better product... and the ability to make a point.

(yeah, it is harsh, my day sucked and frankly I was nice the first time)
Again, you are just talking in generality lumping all bikes into this one category in your mind from your experience. You can have your own opinion on this and that is fine, But you are highly mistaken about this particular bike being dangerous or a poor design...and i doubt you know for a fact that bike shops refuse to maintain it. You are clearly just talking about most ebikes in general since bike shops really do not have much electronic troubleshooting experience and they do not want the liability.

I have talked to no less than 50 shops that do some level of bike repair. Just to clarify.
I am *not* interested in being a repair shop. I do want them to all be successful, and start advertising in my community that they fix things. Currently I am in this because every time I open my garage to tinker, I have locals wander by to ask help with ... something, with kids it is usually bike issues, since I obviously play with them.
I want to send the lil guys on to a bike shop for anything that is not a "put the chain back on" or "tighten a bolt" because despite my proclivity at tinkering. I hate repairs. This has lead me to the point where I have touched every e-bike with about 50 blocks and I live in suburbia, that is a lot of kiddos.

Past that, I have been in and around enthusiasts of things on wheels my entire life. Starting with BMX and all the way up to me buying and racing cars. I have always stood firm on my stance I love what I am doing, but am no expert.

I can however look at the design process and state with clear authority "that is dumb" Because brother. I know dumb. I managed a group of MiT grads in the engineering consulting world. While I did not attend that lovely school, ya spend enough time around engineers and metallurgists you pick up a few things. Especially if you are doing work with them handling the business side of things like documentation and order management. I have watched thousands of projects from concept to final release.
All that said. I am not claiming I am the bike design expert. I am clearly saying that the idjits that are mass producing the same tired concept in new and exciting colors are less skilled than I am.

There is a reason for the evolution of bike frames and the common themes you see in a lot of the designs. It is because they had a failure, tried something different, and repeated until Darwin allowed that you might be the end of a line that started with a bunch more hair. Eventually you start to see this effect other industries. Look at the shape form/function merger that has happened in the auto industry. No they don't want to release cars that all look alike, but the first person that stuck a chassis into a wind tunnel started this problem and once we saw the elephants in the room, we had to accept it. And they all started making more aerodynamic vehicles, and smooth air flow likes a certain shape, therefore you need to comply or convince physics to change for your preference.

I Look at the single pipe body aluminum frames, and can make a sharp guess at where the max weigh capacity will be, and will even say that if you look at the docs that came with it. Jump a curb, void the warranty. Those clauses are lil red flags that you are looking at a pile of poop. If it can't be ridden in the real world without voiding it's contract, it is not a bike, it is a odd bit of decorative art.

So, you fix a few hundred bikes, you spend a decade with people that are absolute wizards in engineering, then you come back to me and say "these are great bikes, don't let a few bad apples..." Btw, also while you are spending time learning things. Watch this trend crash and burn. BTW, there are already issues with the first wave of lil foldables hitting the work hardening point and having sudden abrupt failures. I don't work in Insurance but have friends who do, and because I play with bikes... I suspect we are less than a year before someone covers that story.

I first questioned aluminum framed mt bikes, with a "wait and see" attitude, but those things were designed and built by HARD CORE pedal heads. Turns out that by taking the known 100 years of science and adding more blood sweat and aluminum to it, you get a superior product that handles all the potential issues because they want to do crazy stupid shit on these frames.

The person who sold you that POS, yeah, he wants your money and probably never puts his arse in the seat.

So, while you are peddling your next 10 miles home. Tell me again how great that bike is. and it is one sent out to be reviewed. It was not grabbed off the line, it was triple checked before it went out the door.

I have a small folding Hon (pedal) bike that is forty years old and a hoot to ride. These small bikes aren't multi-functional, but I've seen many individuals riding them having a blast and not a single instance of failure or accident.

Attachments

• thumbnail (23).jpeg
    thumbnail (23).jpeg
    196.5 KB · Views: 0
6 kids directly local to me have had failures resulting in well, not necessarily injury, it did not feel good.

2 had pedals snap off (one was a pedal that snapped, the 2nd was the actual arm of the pedal unit snapped at the threaded bit)

1 kid had a seat mount collapse, ended up needing stitches, luckily it was not well aimed.

1 child had handlebars snap off at the neck (one side broke off, the other was still attached to the neck) based on where it happened he could not have been doing much idiocy, he went over on a path in the park.

1 had the clamp that allows the bike to fold rip free of the frame, while riding. Luckily the hinge was very tight, so it kind of jack knifed a bit, he fell off.

The last was one I am still not sure if it was the bike, bad assembly, or an actual structural failure. Kid was trying to bunny hop his ebike, front tire came off and resides now somewhere in traffic land, probably pinned to a bumper as a trophy or something, more seriously, we never found the tire.

All of these I know about because when things broke, they either came and asked me to fix it, or in the case of the vanishing tire, big brother came over to cadge a ride for lil bro, and his bike. I ended up recruiting 2 public service officers (no meters, so no clue what these guys usually do) and they even ran around on the street looking for it, along with the firemen (it is a small town) Kid had abrasions and tire fear. Dropped him and his bike off at his house, 2 days later it was back to my place to see if I could repair it (I don't actually have a stock of lil folding bike tires)

Now honestly, I have no idea how that stacks up against kids on regular bikes. It is an aweful lot of failure with bikes that mostly came for xmas.

Chalo might have a better perspective, he fixes bikes and has been doing that a lot longer than I.

Op, thanks for review, I have been eying the bike at costco, I would have sold a few pints of blood to pick up one by my little one was probably mocked for riding her jetson's bike. So I skipped.

Here is my 2.5 cents on the jetson bike:
2 words, love it.
I am 210lb on a good day and my little one is around 140lb. The bike does ok, struggle up inclines a bit, but using my legs helps the bike up.
range is ok, I forgot to charge one winter and the batt was nearly dead, after a few cycles the range back but not the same as new.
Front calipers took some beating and so did the front handle bars when my D's buddy ran into a tree at 10mph. Other than the little wobbly front handle bar. I regapped the brake calipers and put in new pads.
Did I mentioned I love it?
Most needs mucho watts and 30 mph, but some wussy guys like moi are happy when a bike just moves with little effort and are happy cruising at 5 to 9 mph. :)

Last edited:
$399 on amazon right now. Not for me though...
Ya the price has dropped $600 since i did my review! Crazy but now it is apparently in the same ball park as a Jetson Ebike...so sorry to above poster :bigthumb:

Back