Tongsheng TSDZ2 100mm version

Jaybee258

100 mW
Hi guys.. the main through spindle which carries the pedals has broken on my unit. See photo. Anybody know where I can get a replacement spindle? It's for the longer 100mm version. I've been unable to find anything

I cannot even find a complete 100mm unit to replace it with.
Many thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20230401_091223.jpg
    IMG_20230401_091223.jpg
    551 KB · Views: 8
.... where I can get a replacement spindle? It's for the longer 100mm version. ...
Not cheap....

Had you add some extra bearings on the other side of the grooves?
Maybe this could help to support the spindle on these weak points.

Last edited:
Hi guys.. the main through spindle which carries the pedals has broken on my unit. See photo. Anybody know where I can get a replacement spindle? It's for the longer 100mm version. I've been unable to find anything

I cannot even find a complete 100mm unit to replace it with.
Many thanks
Did you manage to source a 100mm replacement axle?

No not yet. I'm working on it. I found an engineer to make one and harden and temper it. £300 for two. I could get these without circlip grooves and shim against the pedal cranks. A good option I feel. Expensive. Almost worth buying a new motor.

Eco Cycles sell them but are out of stock.

Future bike seem to have them but I was looking to see if I could find something cheaper

Somebody has offered to weld my old one up, but I don't feel that will be a very long term solution.

Do you you have any good ideas?

No not yet. I'm working on it. I found an engineer to make one and harden and temper it. £300 for two. I could get these without circlip grooves and shim against the pedal cranks. A good option I feel. Expensive. Almost worth buying a new motor.

Eco Cycles sell them but are out of stock.

Future bike seem to have them but I was looking to see if I could find something cheaper

Somebody has offered to weld my old one up, but I don't feel that will be a very long term solution.

Do you you have any good ideas?
Shimming against the cranks I feel is doable but I suspect that you might end up with other problems as the square taper cranks are extremely variable I feel with the circlip grooves and additional bearings either side (outer of the circlips) should provide the necessary support. I was contemplating selling my complete 100mm extended version as have bought a Trek Rail and decommissioned my Giant Trance (but still have my other two hardtails with TSDZ's)

Thank you. Interesting thought. Is it 48volt and have you tried open source software on it? You obviously like the Tongsheng, how much use has this had, and what sort of money are you looking for? I'm obviously interested, but a little cautious about the condition of the axle. Thanks for getting in touch.

Just for the record. Ebird on AliExpress do sell the 100mm spindles. They are not in their shop but you need to message them. £30 Inc pp and tax to UK. 9 weeks delivery.

Another update. I ordered two spindles from ebird. The link to the part they sent me was a bit dubious with no photo and no description. However, I ordered two, giving me a spare. They arrived in less than a week, apparently from a UK warehouse. Well done AliExpress 👍

When I reassemble these things I like to put extra grease in all the old bearings. Is it ok to add grease to the one way locking bearing too?

Back