Tonsheng motor stopped providing assist

diggerbgt

1 µW
Could someone provide some guidance on my problem. I have the Tonsheng motor. Initially the motor would periodically cut out (provide no assist), but could be reactivated by turning off the LCD display panel (VLCD5) and turning it on again. Now turning on the LCD display panel doesn’t work. On the battery itself, the lights indicate it is fully charged and testing the voltage with a multimeter, confirms this, indicating 52 volts on the outlet pins. However, the battery indicator on the VLCD5 LCD display panel, only shows one charge bar, suggesting the battery is not charged at all. One other thing I noticed is that the control panel doesn’t shut itself off after 5 minutes, as it usually would. No error message comes up on the LCD control panel itself. Would you have any idea, what component is not functioning, eg. display panel, controller, battery issues etc and a course of action.

Thank you ,
Bill

I had something like this happen - turned out that the connector pins were not connecting properly to the bike. I cleaned the pins on the bike & the battery and that did the trick for me.

Does the connector look "sooty"? - That was a clue that things were not connecting well.

I'm not an expert - just learning too!

Andrew

Back