Tool to open MXUS XF07 geared hub motor

I've put over 10,000 miles on my hub motor and i think it's time for me to open it up and at least put some new grease into it but I need some kind of special tool to open it I think.

my hub motor looks like this

Does anyone know where I can get one of these tools?

Also, I have one of these twist throttles. Is there any way to make a simple toggle switch work with this motors?

thanks

There is a discussion of making a similar tool here : https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=62056

Thanks guys. Looks like I really need something like what Kepler built because from the threads, it appears that it take a tremendous amount of torque to open it. so I doubt that screwing bolts into a piece of plywood would hack it. I could certainly do the bolt and plywood but I need a machine shop to make a real tool.

I think I'll post on craigslist and see if anyone would make me one for a reasonable price...

No "tremendous force" is needed. That is a frt hub and it.s the rear that is really tight because the free wheel force applies pressure on the motor cover to tighten.
.... I could certainly do the bolt and plywood ...... so I doubt that screwing bolts into a piece of plywood would hack it.....
If you declare something won't work without even trying, then I guess it won't work.
I heated and let cool the circumfrence where the threads are several times and it came loose easily with the plywood method.
Any machine shop can make a tool for this, a piece of cake for them.

Back