Trumpistas will die from Covid at **much** higher rates

Status
Not open for further replies.
enforced quarantine of those infected
Yes!

If you don't believe the virus is real and don't need to help slow down the spread remember hospitals are fake and only after your money so stay home when feeling sick. We don't have time for your foolishness.

And masks, as well.

Masks are helpful, but only "the most" effective measure

if you've allowed yourself to get duped into thinking about the more effective measures

"oh that would be impossible here"

just like with eliminating homelessness, universal health care, food security, social housing etc

Well it's always true, this too shall pass

even wrt the survival of our species.

But I prefer our political leaders to try to prevent / at least mitigate disasters, if not proactively try to actually solve real problems.

if they just stopped testing, stopped running baloney news story after baloney news story about it. it would disappear. the people that are passing away already had a foot in the grave, people die everyday

nicobie said:
"What, me worry? If I ignore it, it will go away.

No, you're wrong. These are largely people who know, KNOW how little good your silly "Precautions" are, who KNOW they're going to get it sooner or later and don't want to be tortured by YOUR nonsense along the way.

But you don't care about that, as always you only care about your excuse to be hateful.

goatman said:
if they just stopped testing, stopped running baloney news story after baloney news story about it. it would disappear.
Exactly. It's like terrorism or crime. If you ignore it, there is none.

Reported hate crimes are skyrocketing, but still grossly undercounted

In 2019, only 2,172 of the 15,588 participating law enforcement agencies reported any at all.

Many likely don't see it as a problem, thus don't count them.

Like the gun lobbies getting laws passed forbidding CDC from researching gun violence as a public health issue.

I've never seen an ostrich actually sticking its head in the ground, so it must be true they never do that!

john61ct said:
I've never seen an ostrich actually sticking its head in the ground, so it must be true they never do that!

Like when the Democratic Governors ordered the hospitals to cover up the rioters getting Covid so it wouldn't happen. Or the media would have the fires and things in the background but insist it was a peaceful demonstration and thus make it into one. . . .

goatman said:
if you call a dick, a dick. no problem
call a brown dick, a dick, thats a hate crime
Sort of. Single him out because he's brown and you are a racist. Single him out because he's brown, call him a dick and then hit him with a piece of rebar - hate crime.

ZeroEm said:
Not the first time the human race had a big die off.

edit: see corrected post below. The 40 million number is 0.5

Wouldn't call it a die off at all.

World deaths for Covid-19 are at 1.3 million right now. Influenza kills around 40 million people a year globally over the span of about 4 months. Covid-19 has been around for at least a year.

We don't know how deadly Covid-19 could be because there's government-created restrictions for limiting Covid-19 spread but close to 0 restrictions for limiting the spread of influenza. But as far as being a deadly disease, Covid-19 has been an underachiever.

A good % of the world will be under lockdown during influenza season so it will be interesting to see how low the influenza death count is this year.

neptronix said:
World deaths for Covid-19 are at 1.3 million right now. Influenza kills around 40 million people a year globally over the span of about 4 months. Covid-19 has been around for at least a year.

I don't know where you get your data, but that's about 100X the flu deaths I'm familiar with. Maybe you're referring to a (rather high) estimate of 40M people worldwide contracting influenza.

Here's what the WHO says:
Worldwide, these annual epidemics are estimated to result in about 3 to 5 million cases of severe illness, and about 290 000 to 650 000 respiratory deaths.
https://www.who.int/news-room/fact-sheets/detail/influenza-(seasonal)

The United States CDC estimates a range of 12,000 to 61,000 deaths a year in the USA related to influenza. So the quarter million COVID deaths we've seen so far are on the order of 10X the influenza deaths in a median year... and our COVID year ain't over yet.

It isn't the flu; it's a much more dangerous disease. It's early to say, but it looks like the long-term effects of the disease on those who get it could be much more serious, too.

JackFlorey said:
goatman said:
if you call a dick, a dick. no problem
call a brown dick, a dick, thats a hate crime
Sort of. Single him out because he's brown and you are a racist. Single him out because he's brown, call him a dick and then hit him with a piece of rebar - hate crime.

But that's not what he was saying, was it?

Call the worst president the worst president, no problem.
Except it's Obama that's the worst president. Single him out because he's the worst and they pretend you're a racist, as the goatster so eloquently stated and you so clumsily demonstrated.

You're right bal, that was a different statistic for influenza that just came off the top of my head and i should have looked it up again before talking. 0.5 million deaths per the 4 month flu season is a more correct average.

..versus 1.3 million deaths over 12 months for covid-19 which would result in 0.43 million people dying from covid-19 over the same period of time.

So basically in a heavily restricted world, we have a disease that has still killed less than influenza so far. Nobody knows how it would fare if the world was unrestricted tho.

the worst president the worst president, no problem.
Except Obama

Well the history books will judge. Just saying Trump is the worst that I have seen and Obama is the best but that is just my option and you'rs may or may not be different. But in the scheme of things I have not seen that many. I can hardly remember Kennedy but remember everyone around me was happy but not my great grandmother he was had core Republican the good people, the democratic ones not the populist democrats.

neptronix said:
World deaths for Covid-19 are at 1.3 million right now. Influenza kills around 40 million people a year globally over the span of about 4 months.
You're off by about a factor of 100 for flu deaths worldwide.

https://www.who.int/news/item/13-12-2017-up-to-650-000-people-die-of-respiratory-diseases-linked-to-seasonal-flu-each-year

But as far as being a deadly disease, Covid-19 has been an underachiever.
A quarter million Americans isn't really an underachievement. Consider how apeshit we went over 3000 Americans dying on 9/11.

Yep turns out they accomplished near-crippling damage by inciting decades of completely unjustified over reactions, sacrificing what was best of our society and lifting up the worst of the power-hungry war mongers.

ZeroEm said:
the worst president the worst president, no problem.
Except Obama

Well the history books will judge. Just saying Trump is the worst that I have seen and Obama is the best but that is just my option and you'rs may or may not be different.

You don't remember Jimmy Carter? He may have inherited a disastrous turd jubilee from Dick Nixon (and taken the blame for it), but he was a good man who did the right thing a majority of the time. That was wildly unlikely for a career Cold Warrior and Christian cuckoo bird, to judge by the behavior of others in those categories.

No other president I'm aware of, during my lifetime or historical, could be accused of doing the right thing most of the time.

s-l300.jpg

when theres only 10,000 deaths from the covid alone and the flu has disappeared you can start looking at another thing China exports into North America that killed over 35,000 americans last year, Fentanyl.

goatman said:
when theres only 10,000 deaths from the covid alone and the flu has disappeared you can start looking at another thing China exports into North America that killed over 35,000 americans last year, Fentanyl.

Not just Fentanyl
https://cmpi.org/counterfeit-drugs-and-china-new

https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/customs-border-protection-counterfeit-goods-made-in-china

Carter was indeed brilliant, conscientious to a fault.

True Christian, not like the racist Taliban that came after pretended to hate abortions just to gain wealth and power.

Really, it is an impossible job, and only gotten harder since.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back