Trying to find an oversized ( 1 1/18) bike stem ?

Lemlux

100 W
Do you really mean 1 1/18 or 1 1/8?

For my impending build I'm planning I expect to increase upright riding position flexibility by using both a 3.5" Nashbar stem extender and a 125mm Delta stem that is adjustable from 0 to 45 degrees.

They can be found on Nashbar as adustable 125mm long 0-45 degree nashbar stem part # NS-ADJS to a 3 1/2" Delta Stem Riser part # DE-A SR.

both parts are black.

On my Gary Fisher 229 I have replaced the stock Bontrager select handlebars with Electra Townie handlebars that are rotated forward and upward. The Townie design allows me do this without increasing the grip tilt upward to an uncomfortable level. I imagine that you could go down with it also if you so desire.

Actually, all you need is some bmx handlebars. The ones with about 6" rise. That's how I fix that problem myself. They don't have the backsweep of those bars you like, but they do have a good backsweep that make em a lot more comfortable than straight bars on MTB's.

Tall stems should be findable for folding bikes, and adapter shims are avalible for converting 1" stems to 1-1/8".

The delta riser I mentioned increases the height of the stem by 3 1/2" or . I suppose you could stack two of them in series. The adjustable part is 125mm long and can be anwhere from 0 degrees straight forward to 45 degrees up forward. A 45 degree setting would make the 125 mm the hypoteneuse of a right triangle that should raise the stem by the square root of (125mm^2 x 0.5) = 88 mm.

Use of the two together could extend the fork upward by 88 mm forward and 88 mm + 89 mm = 177 mm = 7.0".

niagara bicycle has about 500 choices, and they also have a quill riser so the handlebars can sit up higher. The riser adapter means you don't have to get different handlebars or a different fork or quill for the handlebars to sit at a higher level.

Back