TSDZ2 & 860 Display Help

matthewsjl

1 µW
Hoping somebody can point me in the right direction here.

I've got a PSWPower 48V/500wTSDZ2 motor with the VLCD5 display - no throttle or brake sensors installed. Works fine :)

I wanted to upgrade to an 860c display so bought one off Electrify Bike. That states it comes with OSF v20.1C.4.

I've done the following:
  • flashed the TSDZ2 to OSF with the v20.1C.4-860C-update-3 for 860C display (all three tabs flashed OK)
  • attached the display to the motor - configured for 48v
  • attached the speed sensor attached to the motor pigtail
  • there are no brake sensors or throttle installed
The 860c powers on but I've got no assisted drive :( The display shows 48.9 volts for the battery but in the top right is a red outline of a battery. Also, the speed isn't displayed on the 860c when peddling (no assist, even if an assist level is selected).

Is there something I've missed somewhere?

I'd double check that the 860 has the correct OSF... or any OSF at all. You can download those files from GitHub and flash it yourself. And before you do that maybe check in the 860 menu to ensure that brake sensors are disabled. I don't know exactly how it would behave if they were enabled but not connected, but worth a look. Also configure the battery in the 860 menu for whatever the nominal volage is for what you have.

Last edited:

This is the latest release... if I didn't expect to crash and break a fancy screen I would love to get this and not have to configure everything through the configurator before flashing ( xh18 *sadface* ). Though KT03 isn't that expensive so it breaking wouldn't be that much of a big deal and I think still has most functionality.. not 100% sure though.

I wonder btw, can OSF show it's installed version in the gui or do you need to check with stl-v2?

Wonder if the 'update 2' on github is one of the possible explanations why a 'same version' OSF isn't actually the same version ;)

IIRC it shows the OSF version upon startup. But the last version I had it disappeared so quickly it was impossible to read. Maybe if you have your phone recording a video that you can pause to view.

This is the latest release... if I didn't expect to crash and break a fancy screen I would love to get this and not have to configure everything through the configurator before flashing ( xh18 *sadface* ). Though KT03 isn't that expensive so it breaking wouldn't be that much of a big deal and I think still has most functionality.. not 100% sure though.

I wonder btw, can OSF show it's installed version in the gui or do you need to check with stl-v2?

Wonder if the 'update 2' on github is one of the possible explanations why a 'same version' OSF isn't actually the same version ;)

Last edited:
OK - I think we eventually got to the bottom of this one. The supplier forgot to flash OSF and so I'll need to get that done to get it to talk to the motor. Thanks for the help and ideas.

OK - I think we eventually got to the bottom of this one. The supplier forgot to flash OSF and so I'll need to get that done to get it to talk to the motor. Thanks for the help and ideas.
Hey Matthew,

Where did you get the cable to connect the 860C to the TSDZ2? Or did you make your own?

Thanks

Back