TSDZ2 OSF for all displays, VLCD5-VLCD6-XH18, LCD3, 860C-850C-SW102.

Hi Jeff.
In more recent versions it is changed to "Keep pedals and brakes free".
It is not the signaling of an anomaly, it is only a reminder when the display is switched on.
The startup screen closes when communication between the display and motor is established.
If it does not close, there is no communication, on a first installation it is probably a problem with the wiring or the connectors.
THANKS, I will let him know.

Yes, this is dz41. 15 kilometers is just an example. The bike can work normally for several days. Then suddenly this error appears on the display and the assistant turns off. Turning it off/on solves the problem. I don't know what these the error code? Is this a display or motor fault? How to fix it?
where did u buy it from ? aliexpress ? which fw version did u use ? for vlcd5 ? what are the benefits of dz41 ? its plug&play ?

OK, I tried auto again... and it works. It takes some time for the SOC to update... like the last thing on the display to lock in after you start the system... and I guess I didn't have enough patience when I tried before. My bad.

The operation you described is that of the setting in Volts.
If you've set it to "auto", there's a problem.
What value is set to ""?Auto reset%
I too have an 860C and it works fine.

Copy/paste from manual:
Calculation
Choice of the method for calculating the remaining battery percentage.
Auto - soc% calculation with Wh used.
Automatic reset at power on when the soc% calculated with Wh consumed is different from that calculated with the voltage (+/- "Auto reset%"), useful when you put a not fully charged battery.
Wh - soc% calculation with Wh used, reset only with fully charged battery (100%).
Or manual reset.
Volts - soc% calculation with battery voltage, it is less accurate than the other methods.
It can be useful if you have two batteries of different capacity. To obtain a correct correspondence between soc% and voltage, it may be necessary to adjust the values of “Reset at voltage” and “Low cut-off”.

Last edited:
Hi,
Until last year I used Casainho's software in connection with the SW102 display. Unfortunately the SW102 has some mechanical impacts.
When I heard about the Mbrusa software, I switched and I enjoy it. I use the latest version. I think the configuration with Java is great. The DZ41 display that is now available is also ideal for my needs.
Now to my problem: I like to use the legal 25 km/h support. But as soon as I ride off the public roads, I want to switch to off-road mode.
It was easy with the SW102 display. Unfortunately, I can't find in the documentation how to do it with the original displays (especially DZ41).
Maybe someone can give me a tip :)

Thanks and Regards
Troebi

I don't know how the light on/off does work with DZ41 and also not how many assist settings.
In stock display with 3 assistchoices it is the eco support (1e) and push 2x light. (= on and off again) to toggle street or off-road mode.

Anybody knows how can I connect SW102 8pin version to tsdz2b? All diagrams which I found, are for 5pin version (sw102 cable wires).

Which OSF version?
It could be a calibration done wrong, or the values have changed.
20.1c.2 update1

honestly hard to guess , bike acted normally and during the trip started to feed power like this . like bafang on max power , slight touch to the cranks and its going crazy . somehow we managed home. then i checked the sensor readings and found 150 idle and 300 pressed during hard pedaling . entered them in configurator and this seemed to do a little better but nowhere near to what this should be . then i tried to change different values but unfortunately some wire must have brake inside the cable as im unable to connect with the motor now ...i managed to change mode from display from power to emtb and it seems to work better, but still ,motor is reacting very harshly, like there is no pressure needed , only movement of chainring/cranks ...

btw can anyone explain how to use these and what the actually do ? im reading manual over and over and try to get some soft of a softstart but none of these seems to work the way i understand them to ... somehow stock firmware when set to level turbo was still slowly adding power and i wasn't afraid to change gears
attached are also my last settings that i was trying to upload...

Attachments

• tsdz2 conf.jpg
    tsdz2 conf.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 10
  • my tsdz2 conf.jpg
    my tsdz2 conf.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 10
If the assistance suddenly changed, there was a problem with the torque sensor.
He wrote that he found 150, 300, but in the configurator you entered 150, 400.
Also "Torque sensor adv" is disabled, the calibration data is not used.
You can also enable it on the display, with VLCD6 it's a bit inconvenient.

If the assistance suddenly changed, there was a problem with the torque sensor.
He wrote that he found 150, 300, but in the configurator you entered 150, 400.
Also "Torque sensor adv" is disabled, the calibration data is not used.
You can also enable it on the display, with VLCD6 it's a bit inconvenient.
400 was a mistake. not entered and not uploaded ...found out that the cable is okay . the controller refused to connect anymore so now only changes I can make only via display

Hello,

Can someone tell me the difference between these two firmwares?

Is there any difference in functionality? Which should I pick? Do they work with 850c or 860c only? I have a 8pin tsdz2.

You need ST Visual programmer and associated software to flash the motor controller firmware and a bootloader box with AP flash tools to flash the display firmware. They are those 2 separate files but they have to be the same version so that they work with each other.

Some good instructions here... just ignore the parts that talk about the stock firmwares.

ECO CYCLES INSTRUCTIONALS - Eco Cycles

Hello,

Can someone tell me the difference between these two firmwares?

Is there any difference in functionality? Which should I pick? Do they work with 850c or 860c only? I have a 8pin tsdz2.

Last edited:
400 was a mistake. not entered and not uploaded ...found out that the cable is okay . the controller refused to connect anymore so now only changes I can make only via display
Some people reported to have issues with flashing Kunteng controllers (with STM8 as well) using SDCC 4.2.0, rolling back to SDCC4.1.0 solved the issue but this is like guessing now...
as we do not open the controller to check the CPU series we are not sure if this is not also different. Personally found couple of different series of STM8 CPU on Kunteng and some flash with no issue and some are problematic since the beginning but hard to find pattern with less than 10 CPUs flashing done already.

I apologize if this information can be found from this thread or the OSF wiki, but my searching yielded no result.

I know that the stock firmware motor can be ebabled without a display by connecting the battery voltage wire to Vin wire. But is this the case also with this configurable OSF for all displays? I assume I would be using the version for stock displays so I could tune it with the Java configurator.

My idea is to build a minimal motor system for my gf. I'd want to eliminate any wires that are not necessary and just enable a fairly low power assist working always when the battery is on. If I remember correctly, the stock fw defaults to max assist level when working without the display, so that is not a workable solution, rather I need to be able to tweak it to be a safe low power system.

I apologize if this information can be found from this thread or the OSF wiki, but my searching yielded no result.

I know that the stock firmware motor can be ebabled without a display by connecting the battery voltage wire to Vin wire. But is this the case also with this configurable OSF for all displays? I assume I would be using the version for stock displays so I could tune it with the Java configurator.

My idea is to build a minimal motor system for my gf. I'd want to eliminate any wires that are not necessary and just enable a fairly low power assist working always when the battery is on. If I remember correctly, the stock fw defaults to max assist level when working without the display, so that is not a workable solution, rather I need to be able to tweak it to be a safe low power system.
but you have to turn it off&on , just go with vlcd6 and you'll be fine

Back