TSDZ2 OSF for all displays, VLCD5-VLCD6-XH18, LCD3, 860C-850C-SW102.

hey . did someone sourced dz41 working with osf or tszd2 in general ? I remember reading something but can't find where . and guys on alibaba say the dz41 they sell is not compatible with tsdz2 ...

... guys on alibaba say the dz41 they sell is not compatible with tsdz2 ...
Correct, the type number of a display tells noting about the controller what can communicate with it.
Mostly the DZ41 is for a Bafang controller.
I only have seen at Enerprof the DZ41 display, specific for Tsdz2 controller.

hey . I've got e06 overtemperature but I see that sensor shows 45 47C idle...so it's more than 20C but less than 85C ... flashing didn't help so for now I just turned it off ... inside motor looks normal ... should I replace sensor or this might be something else ?

... why I can see those errors changing lite on off ??
I doubt you have read or understand the display operation manual (page 3) of OSF
Changing light ON/OFF doesn't give errors but change modes.

For example:
Level 1 E02 light ON/OFF means: streetmode ON or OFF
Level 1 E03 light ON/OFF means: boost ON or OFF
Level 1 E04 light ON/OFF means: torque advance ON or OFF and torque calibration

Level 2 E02 etc.

I doubt you have read or understand the display operation manual (page 3) of OSF
Changing light ON/OFF doesn't give errors but change modes.

For example:
Level 1 E02 light ON/OFF means: streetmode ON or OFF
Level 1 E03 light ON/OFF means: boost ON or OFF
Level 1 E04 light ON/OFF means: torque advance ON or OFF and torque calibration

Level 2 E02 etc.
Oki, read it twice… but to be honest dont understad how it works :)
Looking for some movie on YT
Thanks, for confirming its not an issue, just my lack of knowledge:)

Oki, read it twice… but to be honest dont understad how it works :)
Looking for some movie on YT:)
WIth OSF/embrusa, we get all these different modes, power, torque, hybrid, cadence, etc. While you can pick one that is default on power up, you can also select a different one after you're up and riding.

For example, if you want Emtb mode,
1. Set Assist level to Sport
2. Push light button once. ECO2 comes up.
3. Push it again and you're now in Emtb mode,
Basically, you go to Turbo and push lights twice.

For Cadence mdoe
1. Set Assist to Tour
2. Push lights button and it says ECO2. Push lights again,
3. Push lights button and it says ECO3. Push lights again,
4. Push lights button and it says ECO4. Push lights again,
Now you're in Cadence mode. Basically choose Tour assist and press lights six times.

For your quiz, how do you set the current level as default next time on power up?

codes.jpg

hey . I've got e06 overtemperature but I see that sensor shows 45 47C idle...so it's more than 20C but less than 85C ... flashing didn't help so for now I just turned it off ... inside motor looks normal ... should I replace sensor or this might be something else ?
no one ?

...read it twice… but to be honest dont understad how it works
Under most conditions you don't need these different modes.

Only one time for calibrating the torquesensor L1-E04, but with Vlcd5 you can do this too with hidden menu.
Maybe you want to use streetmode L1-E02 to switch between two speedlimits
And a tiny chance you need to change to L4-E04 mode, for going home, if there is an error.

But if you know what happens it isn't that difficult.
Change mode:
Set AssistLevel and E02=two pushes, E03=four pushes, E04=six pushes

WIth OSF/embrusa, we get all these different modes, power, torque, hybrid, cadence, etc. While you can pick one that is default on power up, you can also select a different one after you're up and riding.

For example, if you want Emtb mode,
1. Set Assist level to Sport
2. Push light button once. ECO2 comes up.
3. Push it again and you're now in Emtb mode,
Basically, you go to Turbo and push lights twice.

For Cadence mdoe
1. Set Assist to Tour
2. Push lights button and it says ECO2. Push lights again,
3. Push lights button and it says ECO3. Push lights again,
4. Push lights button and it says ECO4. Push lights again,
Now you're in Cadence mode. Basically choose Tour assist and press lights six times.

For your quiz, how do you set the current level as default next time on power up?

View attachment 339721
Thanks a lot, i thought if I’m setting up hybrid on start, its not so easy to change it from vlcd5 - its clear for me now :)

No, you don't need to change modes once you find one you like, but this is a convenient way to test them without having to reload the settings via the PC. I rode my bike five months in power mode, because I didn't want to drag my laptop out to the driveway in the winter. When the nice weather came, it's pleasant to fiddle with the PC outdoors. Then I saw I could change modes on the fly.

I also haven't tried L1-4 clicks to for startup boost.

I am just not that .... happy with my xh18 choice, guess I picked the worst one of the bunch :( I thought it wouldn't bother me as much, and it would be less obvious but I've been stopped now because some copper thought I was using a gas handle ( on the left side... jesus ) so that wasn't really the case either.

I would love being able to run the java configurator on an android system ( phone ), and use usb otg to connect with the st-link v2 from my phone.

I think it should be possible, since android=linux.. but I'm not that good with both to figure it out on my own. Also, since I would guess that if it's possible, someone would already have tried and documented it, seeing how I can't find anything I'm probably wrong on it being possible.

It is not a configurator that is the problem but the software which flash the micro processor. It is possible with rooted android as you have access to console then. For not tech people much easier to just bring laptop with you.

I haven't rooted my phone so far, as I didn't feel a need. Seems I should be able to ( Ulefone Armor X8, love it since it shrugs off stuff which would have made my other phone's crack in two easily ).

If I root it ( and install twrp / magisk ), would I need to run lots of console commands each time I would like to interface with the motor, or would it be a one time console install of dependencies and after that I could run the configurator and a custom flash script?

edit: I ran with rooted android for years and I'm familiar with adb, that's not the issue. It's more that I don't really know about the dependencies I would need to get installed and which versions would actually work on my android. Command prompt isn't new to me either, just my experience is more in cmd.com and ps, not bash.

I have never done it but configurator is written in Java which could run on android phone but it would be better to just change what you like in the code and not use configurator, then you will need some software with console and then just follow ST documentation about flashing their processors from command line/console. I have done something similar for a e-scooter so it is possible just not worth the hasle in my opinion, next time I did it with RaspberryPi and SSH which would be also an option as RasberryPi runs native Linux. You can prepare files with different configs already at home and just switch them later on the field. I did this only because I didn't have working STLink which I could use and shipping was longer than tinkering ;D

Interesting. I will look into this some more, I know I'm probably just being weird but I really dislike the xh18 for changing anything but the very basics.

Probably would be quicker and certainly easier if I just bought a different display like sw102. It's the turning when selecting which I find incredibly offsetting, it makes it very slow to do things in the interface. Pressing a button should be a whole lot quicker / more efficient then turning that handle the whole time.

I am not sure if new sw102 is supported, I would get it too but no one could answer and seems like nobody is using them anymore. Software is also made more for 860C than others.
Sometimes on aliexpress you can buy pretty cheap 860C with coupons etc.

Good luck! :)

860c is to bulky I don't like big screens to afraid they will break the first time I go down somewhere.

xh18 already survived a number of otb's without issue ;) But it's not that good with grip, I thought I could place it further inward but then my brakelever get's to far inside as well.

860c is to bulky I don't like big screens to afraid they will break the first time I go down somewhere.

xh18 already survived a number of otb's without issue ;) But it's not that good with grip, I thought I could place it further inward but then my brakelever get's to far inside as well.
just buy vlcd6 . it's cheap ...

Hello there,
I'm about to mount my second bike with TSDZ2 and I'll probably switch both to this OSF firmware.
Therefore, I'm trying to find the appropriate values for the various settings.
Since I've been using my bike with stock firmware for 2 years, I'd like to be able to tell how the parameter are different from stock firmware. For instance, the motor acceleration set to 35, is it faster or slower than what the stock firmware does ?

TLDR : it would be nice to have a preset that would mimic the behavior of stock firmware, just for reference, to be able to tell the difference.

Hello there,
I'm about to mount my second bike with TSDZ2 and I'll probably switch both to this OSF firmware.
Therefore, I'm trying to find the appropriate values for the various settings.
Since I've been using my bike with stock firmware for 2 years, I'd like to be able to tell how the parameter are different from stock firmware. For instance, the motor acceleration set to 35, is it faster or slower than what the stock firmware does ?

TLDR : it would be nice to have a preset that would mimic the behavior of stock firmware, just for reference, to be able to tell the difference.
Use the stm visual tool, and download and store the OEM file already in your motor. This allows you reload it later to compare. There will be three files.

The embrusa configurator only saves its own config files before compiling and loading, so you have to use the stm tool to get at what's inside the motor already.

Back