Turnigy Orange Can Outrunners

dequinox

10 kW
I'd hate to rehash this if it's already been discussed, but am I missing something or did the large-sized low kv orange can Turnigy motors disappear off hobbyking?

It looks like all they have now in that similar size range is the Rotomax series.

Any insight?

I speculate the order volume was low for the large scale RC niche these motors were developed for....so they quit supplying them (since they don't sell 1000 a month) & the competition is stiff from higher quality vendors (Haker-Plettenburg) the min batch is 50 & guys like Bruno (alien power in Italy) have a hard time justifying that much inventory.

old stock has dried up & they are hard to find.....but I just bought 5 from here:
http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=68427
they will need to be wound.....

I know of an ebike vendor who has placed an order for 50 of them recently....I don't know what the new pricing will be yet.
watch the sales section...maybe a month or less out from delivery.

Thanks Thud, I was curious. I was long-term-dream planning an RC build with one of those, but it looks like I'll have to shift my ideas to accommodate a Rotomax... or something else.

If you order 100 units, they will cook up a batch in any Kv that is possible. I've heard from every outlet i ask that sales are slow. (ever since BBS02, GNG, and LR kits?)

Back