Two B- connections on BMS?? Do i need to wire both?

Blackapple293

10 µW
Hello, this is my 4th Li-Ion battery build for a longboard conversion I'm putting together :D

I decided to stop buying bms' on ebay with no dedicated support and wiring diagrams, and went with a company that looks to have much better quality control.

My question is regarding wiring, this bms has only 4 connections, 2 C- and 2 B-

I understand that the C- also works as a P- in this case, but am not sure if it is necessary having 2 wires running to the battery negative..

Please let me know if I can just run one wire, or need to do both in this case.

Thank you endless sphere people ;)

I have attached the picture of the bms and wiring diagram from the website

Attachments

• bms.jpg
    bms.jpg
    246.7 KB · Views: 141
  • F84B83D3-A821-4103-A442-AB5BF53736F6.jpg
    F84B83D3-A821-4103-A442-AB5BF53736F6.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 141
Thank you for the reply,

I also was thinking that the two connections were to ease the load, I have a few feet of 10AWG silicone cable laying around that would make good use for this, but also did not want to test any unconfirmed theories after the last BMS I was using burned up during charging the first time.

Needless to say, I no longer want to take any chances at all..

https://www.ebay.com/itm/274967308589?var=575246863582 <-- this was the cause of my meltdown, be warned.

I am using EVE 25P cells with a controller that puts out 30 amps.

This is a salvaged motor from a wowgo 3x that my college roommate owned, he called it a lost cause after riding in the rain and causing water damage to the battery. The motor still seems to work, and am using it with a different deck.

I am by no means an expert builder, I am always trying to learn more & have fun. :))

Back