Update files Lebowski controller IC, latest: v2.A1

The SW motors are readily available and very inexpensive in the USA. They are perfect size for motorcycle conversions and there are no inexpensive low voltage (120v-200v) controllers for a suitable battery pack that will fit a motorcycle.

I just sent a PM to e-vector in Spain, to see where/how he found one.

Lebowski: Would you try to work out the design IF you had one of these alternators ?

Ok Guys I am running this last code and I love it. Today with a full battery I did some tuning and got it running really well. The shaking I get is free play in the gears, and CV shafts causing it to move from 1 hall position to another and back but this is only at like 4% throttle or less and 1-2km/h and I have mine set up with 650 phase amps with a 470v battery so its not really meant to put around. If I wanted that part smooth I could turn down the phase amps but what fun is that.

I was able to drive to the end of the street and let regen slow me but it was week with a full battery and the settings I have which is fine.
I also set the acceleration limit to 10kerpm/s and 12kerpm/s and it barely spins the tires its cool. So it lets me find where the sweet spot is with my foot. Also When I run the slicks this will not be a problem and yest 30kerpm is 100km/h in my car so thats 3 sec 0-100km/h and its almost there with the nittos and I bet it will be there with the slicks!

All the features are awesome I am pretty excited for this. I will be helping 2 others get similar setups running soon as I have 2 controller kits finished to ship as well.

Stay tuned for more video ;)

Arlo1 said:
Ok Guys I am running this last code and I love it. Today with a full battery I did some tuning and got it running really well. The shaking I get is free play in the gears, and CV shafts causing it to move from 1 hall position to another and back but this is only at like 4% throttle or less and 1-2km/h and I have mine set up with 650 phase amps with a 470v battery so its not really meant to put around. If I wanted that part smooth I could turn down the phase amps but what fun is that.

Maybe playing with the PLL settings in the hall menu will help... With a damping of 0.7 try a few different bandwidth settings...

Lebowski said:
Arlo1 said:

Maybe playing with the PLL settings in the hall menu will help... With a damping of 0.7 try a few different bandwidth settings...

I tried a bandwidth down to 5hz all the way up to 150hz. I tried the PLL damping up to 4 and all the way down to .3

It seems to be best around .9-1.5 and with 5z the full throttle acceleration is very slow.

this is the wrong thread. there is a thread about lebowski's design. this thread is for firmware upgrades only. you may like to move your posting.
and there's no need for the controller to know when the switch is closed. the inrush limiter mentioned in many other threads already will be fully engaged in some tenth of a second. a CA takes 5 times longer to boot.

Just saw Arlo's video on accel limit, damm this is awesome for snapped couplers or shafts from smashing your car. Or during some massive air ofcourse :D

Need to hurry my butt up and get a car to bolt my Lebowski Chevy Volt inverter to.

new version 2.A0, main changes are conversion to floating point, better hall -> sensorless transition, better sensorless, first version of measuring motor R and L while motor is in normal use.

This is the version Arlo1 reached his 300kW with.

for changes see
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=36602&p=1300696#p1300696

Added version 2.A1.

The main addition is a hall assisted sensorless mode (activated in the hall menu). In this mode the controller in drive 3 still runs sensorless, but it takes the speed info from the hall sensors. Result is that it can deal with larger and more sudden motor speed changes without conking out. For instance when you use the controller with a mid-drive bike and go in the forest and jump roots, curbs etc.

Also added a new manual for this version in the manual thread.

Lebowski said:
Added version 2.A1.

The main addition is a hall assisted sensorless mode (activated in the hall menu). In this mode the controller in drive 3 still runs sensorless, but it takes the speed info from the hall sensors. Result is that it can deal with larger and more sudden motor speed changes without conking out. For instance when you use the controller with a mid-drive bike and go in the forest and jump roots, curbs etc.

Also added a new manual for this version in the manual thread.

So far I find it works better turned off for me. And I have skipped the wheels on a lot of stuff. Man hole covers etc.
I am wondering if there is a way we can view the info as the controller is running?
Also if we could make some adjustments to say only use the hall info for recovery or only used it if its with in x deg of the sensorless info.
My gut feeling is my motor is like a switched reluctance motor at high power and the timing at high speeds might be way off....

Back