VESC BLDC TOOL & Video Logger Windows/OS X

jacobbloy

100 W
hi guys this is the link for my google drive, it contains the Windows and OS X BLDC TOOL and Video Logger applications, i keep them up to date and currently are ready for FW 1.10 that vedder updated just 2 days ago,

i keep older versions of the software available just incase there are bugs with new FW, also for this who don't have a boot loader FW like version 1.2.

i also have a FW and config folder that i want to keep updated, so if any one has a motor configuration that they want share please sent it to me and ill add il to the folder.

as for updates if you update your FW and your BLDC TOOL can't use it and i haven't updated it please just contact me and let me know and ill work on fixing this asap.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B...pySW5sWjIzOWdrLThCY01HY3BPOXpqYVRHUlQxS0R5ZlU

What firmware will the latest version work with? i have 3 from Ben that are v1.2 and the one thing i haven't done is update FW... I'm more comfortable w/ Windows that Linux.

Can you update firmware over the simple usb or do you still need the programmer card to do this? I had issues getting my programmer to recognize in Ubuntu, so if this is easier in Windows it would be awesome!

No programing car just USB and drivers then run the windows BLDC.exe and your good to go, if you got the from Vedder then they should have a bootloader so if you plug them into the latest version of BLDC tool it will show up saying the FW if old and not supported and then you can click on the FW tab and click browse and locate the FW 1.10 folder in my FW and app config file then choose the default file (unless you have the 60v version) then click upload in BLDC Tool that's it you can then go and reprogram your VESC.

If you don't want to update (not recommended) then just download windows_BLDC_TOOL_FW 1.2 and then you can use your VESC as is.

https://github.com/jacobbloy/BLDCAP...ogle.com/open?id=0Bym9XrdeViekVDRESlNPNzk2Z3c

i need the community help to connect a bluetooth module to the VESC and test that the current APK can connect search for bluetooth devices found in the settings tap of the APP and connect to the VESC bluetooth module.

the data that i need is:
You should pair devices and tell me the device type - it will be displayed something like "Service %TYPE%: %NAME%"
this is done all through the settings tab of the android APP.

Connecting bluetooth is easy and works with the same firmware as before without modifications. Just enable the UART app and connect a bluetooth-serial dongle (e.g. the rn-41 as found on the bluesmirf gold) to the rx and tx pins of the VESC. Something like this works to connect to it from ubuntu:
https://gist.github.com/xseignard/9367829
Then, in BLDC Tool, replace /dev/ttyACM0 with /dev/rfcomm0

Great work, i was sure i was going to do that work at some point, you made my day :)

Hi Jacob, thanks for your work.
I saved a lot of time due to the easy installation of the BLDC tool for Windows. :D

Some days ago my VESC from Enertionboards arrived with the 1.10 FW. It runs well, almost no problems so far...
I try to load the new FW 1.12 with your Windows BLDC tool for FW1.12. But every time I get the timeout error (Buffer Erase Timeout) and it stops so I'm not able to update the FW. What could be the problem? What is wrong?

Thanks for your help :)

boesi said:
I saved a lot of time due to the easy installation of the BLDC tool for Windows. :D

Some days ago my VESC from Enertionboards arrived with the 1.10 FW. It runs well, almost no problems so far...
I try to load the new FW 1.12 with your Windows BLDC tool for FW1.12. But every time I get the timeout error (Buffer Erase Timeout) and it stops so I'm not able to update the FW. What could be the problem? What is wrong?

So if the last batch the bootliader didn't load correctly! You will have to upload the bootliader only!

jacobbloy said:
boesi said:

So if the last batch the bootliader didn't load correctly! You will have to upload the bootliader only!

Jacob, do you have a tipping platform that you accept donations or micro payment/tips?

Bitcoin/paypal or any way to contribute to you for your dedication to the VESC project?

jamesonotc said:
jacobbloy said:
boesi said:

Jacob, do you have a tipping platform that you accept donations or micro payment/tips?

Bitcoin/paypal or any way to contribute to you for your dedication to the VESC project?

any contributions help i would love if you contribute to benjamin him self but i do spend bit of time preparing these files.

if you do want to send me a little some thing griffinbloy@hotmail.com is my paypal it will help with my new project that i will post about very soon.

but the real reason for this post FW1.14 is know out so i have update windows and OS X bldc tool to work.
as always i have left v1.13 available and the others.
https://drive.google.com/folderview...drLThCY01HY3BPOXpqYVRHUlQxS0R5ZlU&usp=sharing

i had a problem with v1.13 not allowing me to do motor detection but I'm yet to test if v1.14 fixes this.

jacobbloy said:
any contributions help i would love if you contribute to benjamin him self but i do spend bit of time preparing these files.

if you do want to send me a little some thing griffinbloy@hotmail.com is my paypal it will help with my new project that i will post about very soon.

I just sent a small donation your way to show my appreciate for your efforts!

Back