• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

VICTPOWER A123 Quality

Those Enerdel cells look interesting. You said that they are at a good price; where are you able to find them?

neptronix said:
A123 has never sold those big pouches direct to the public, so there's no legit source for new ones. What you see online is rejects from the factory for the most part.

The trick is to buy a crapton and test each cell.. weed out the bad ones. Kinda like dealing with hobbyking lipo, really.

Well, they did, through Mavizen, UK.
999zip999 said:
Curcuit Price ?

Last time i was quoted by Angela Knapp, and can't say its a good price (17.5AH cell):

"We do sell products to the public, but have minimum purchase requirements. Our minimum cell order is 500 for the CE175-360 Moxie+ Prismatic Cell with a price of $45/ea.
Thank you, Angela"

Oh, i wasn't aware of that and i've been here since 2010.. my bad

circuit said:
If you are desperate, buy fom osnpower. These are tested many times and are good enough.
Don't buy from victpower, they are junk. Even if these cells pass you inspection, they may die after a month. I had a pallet from them - its ridiculously bad.
I'd suggest to look at enerdel. They are offering cells at very good price lately. And these are as good as A123.

So I previously bought over 50 cells from victpower and so far I have just found one dud so for the most part
I am happy, but id rather not take chances.

I did not realize osn power was selling cells for 30 tested. At that price it's pretty tempting for me.

Right now I have a 24s 20s and thinking about building me a 30s a20ah lifepo4 battery..

still would like to try something new just wish it was readily available.

I got my full tab A123's in April and bought 14 of them from Victpower to use in my 12 S agniusm pack. Only 1 cell went bad and I paid about $24 for them total and around $8 per cell delivered. I think OSN is using short tabs as an option in their pre-built batteries. Mine were all labeled USA from Victpower.

It may be that the top quality ones were sold out first and we are dealing with the leftovers, but OSN does claim that they test them as does Cellman if he can get them.
otherDoc

agniusm said:
Last time i was quoted by Angela Knapp, and can't say its a good price (17.5AH cell):

"We do sell products to the public, but have minimum purchase requirements. Our minimum cell order is 500 for the CE175-360 Moxie+ Prismatic Cell with a price of $45/ea.
Thank you, Angela"
How long ago was that?
I can not say what I was quoted due to NDA. But it was twice lower. For large quantities (10k), of cause.

Hi budabob7 what are you using it for ? For a bike used A123 pouches that have been tested is the way I would go. I brought 25 cells very early from Victpower and one went a little south so replaced and seems fine in a 24s pack always buy one or two extra's tested or not. Remember Victpower is hard to trust and a rolll of the dice. How about these A123 cells ?2.jpg
7-8 ah 30c (maybe) cells 15usd plus shipping from OSN

agniusm said:
neptronix said:
Oh, i wasn't aware of that and i've been here since 2010.. my bad

Some sarcasm, nice one :D Don't understand false statement in the first place then :shock:

What i mean is that i didn't know about it until you just mentioned it.
I literally thought 100% of A123 pouch cells came through the back door until you just told me that.

I bought twice from them.
20 cells and 7 cells - elecrically just one cell yelded less than 19Ah on CBA test /1C untill 2V cut off/ notice I tested until 2V not 2.5 V. All otheres above 19Ah even 19.6Ah. All marked A0 in the centre of pouch , 2 cells were mechanically defective - no mylar isolator sticking out of pouch at the plus terminal so terminal can potentially touching pouch = bad.
Before buying from Vict I bougt 12 pouches from A123RC , all delivered below or just below 19Ah except one cell on identical CBA test
all marked B letter in the centre of pouch.
But it was months ago, now they can ship from different batches= different story.

Mirco13car can I call you Mirco or Mr. car ? O.k. I believe they are new sells. I was told they have a machine to put the screw tops on as seen on the 32113 4ah I hope they can put the screw tops on the 32157 7-8ah. With the good luck people have the other A123 cells rounds cells if new is a great way to go.

Are the 7-8Ah cells really A123? On their site, they only have the small one, the 26650, and the 32113. Anyone have experience with the orange 32113's?

What is this the flat earth question ? I don't think OSN gules on the wraper.
You can ask Nancy after the feb. 13th as it the holidays in China.

Back