Wattmeter for our Electric Boards

okp

100 kW
Hey,

I am using and boarding a Wattmeter on my deck basically to measure my consumed mAH. I don't care about all the other indications of the LCD. Only mAH (and maybe voltage)

Is there a way to get a device LCD that display ONLY the mAH consumed ? The actual wattmeters are also bulky (GTPower, Turnigy or others) (120A max)

Any clues on this ?

Thanks !

I know we've had a good discussion on a "Fuel Gauge" display. Found one on ebay that was inexpensive ($6'ish), and after some fiddling it seems to work OK. Shows a battery icon w/ about 7-8 steps between full and empty, can also show current voltage, but not mAh consumed.

I have the same GTPower and Turnigy ones - i like the additional info, especially lowest voltage (make sure i don't over-draw the batteries) as once it rests and you check it will be higher after a minute or two. Not critical, but helpful info.

I did take apart one watt meter -not sure how i can make it much smaller...

sorry okp - i've done some digging and can't find a mAh consumed display only. The closest is the watt meter which scrolls through it as you already know.

Why is mAh more important than remaining voltage or even % remaining of battery to you? Is the size of your watt meter your biggest frustration?

If you want small, the Eagle Tree logger is tiny and has been around for years. The display is configurable. And there are accessories for it.

okp, are you using VESC?

It counts mAh (and lots of other useful information), its just a matter of extracting this data via CAN bus, i plan to do something like this as soon i get mine, using arduino and some form of display, led's, lcd or a oled on the remote

if you know the real capacity of the batteries is just a matter of mapping to a value from 0 to 100%

thanks, I already got a eaglytree v5 heavy duty with the LCD panel but it's not as tiny because you have consider that the panel does not work standalone.

yes, I am using two VESCs connected by CANBUS, but still assembling the conf

Back