welding 18650 cells with DN-5 spot welder

Sorry for the late reaction.

I connect the spot welder too a 230V 20A D circuit brake. The problem was that the 'normal' circuit brake can not handle the in men's current. Now it work good!

Hi
I use a DN-10 spot welding machine to built batteries.

With new Sanyo NCR18650GA(10A)
3500mAh cell, the setting is less than 1, 0.95.
a stronger adjustment damages the negative pole to the point of piercing the capsule.
0,95 is enough for this cell , 0.2mm pure nickel tape .

I think this product is no longer available .

Ask Annie Xu to this e-mail address :
mailto:sales@cnruihua.cn

Web site :
http://www.cnruihua.com/

Or

Eva Guo
Senior Manager
EVVA TECHNOLOGY CO., LIMITED
ADD: 4F Bldg A3, New Material Industrial Park of Silicon Valley, Dafu Industrial Zone, Guanlan, Shenzhen, 518110 China
TEL: +86 755 8374 6079 FAX: +86 755 8374 6078
Email: eva@evva-tech.com
MSN: eva_guo826@hotmail.com
URL: www.evva-tech.com

Guys, I am about to buy one of these spot Welders. I want to be able to weld .2mm nickel sheet. Which model should I go for and what mods should I do? Replace the tips tungsten copper tig tips?

depends on your plans.
for nickel, perhaps the dn5 is better.

the dn10 is awesome for making copper packs, but requires some modifications. not difficult, but work none the less.
small simple 555 timer circut(i have a diagram) + solid state relay
and some pieces of tungsten tig electrode for aluminium welding set into the ends of the electrodes

the dn10 for 0.2mm nickel (without mod )for example would perhaps be on the overkill side i think, risk damaging cells.

Yeh, I would buy one in a flash but he is unfortunately unwell and not selling them anymore. I have a ghetto 788 sunko but I need the flexibility of welding an irrigular pack for my q76r. The dn-5 looks comparable although much more expensive than a jp spot welder

Back