What is Longest Wait for Battery?UPDATE - IT ARRIVED!!!

geeeyejo1

1 kW
Well it's going on seven weeks now and still no battery or shipping update available on the China Post or USPS site. Sunthing28 did indicate that it would take 7-8 weeks for the sea cargo shipment so I can't really complain, but was hoping that was an outside estimate and that maybe it would arrive in 5-6 weeks due to the alignment of cosmic forces, steady seas and favorable prevailing winds...
What is the longest you have waited for your battery or other item via sea shipment?

The really fun part of it, is the day after the thing arrives, the tracking will start to work saying it got delivered. But while in US customs, it may never show it left china, only that it got shipped.

Worry worry worry. What you wish it had, was tracking that showed it at least arrived at customs, but nope. So far, sunthing has not failed to deliver that I've heard of. It might arrive tomorrow, but it WILL be a suprise when it does. :roll:

I recall some sea shipped stuff taking 3 months, but most likely because they never sent it for a month. Customs can be 2 days much longer, somewhat randomly. Then stuff like chinese new year or a longshoreman strike can really make things fun.

Thanks for the words of encouragement. I have received some items via China Post via air and there were updates showing when the item arrived in the US (in this case Chicago) and then when it hit NJ, out for delivery, etc. That "In Transit" thing with no updates does suck! Sunthing has about 99% positive feedback on many transactions so not too worried, just wishing I would have taken the LIPO route and would have been riding for over a month now!

You'll have it for the wamer spring weather when it comes.

I never got tracking updates from usps when batteries arrived in the US, untill delivery day. One day, checking tracking, it suddenly appears, including the failed delivery. Run out to the box, sure enough, there's the note saying I have to go sign for the package. Maybe I'd get tracking before delivery if I lived further from LA.

It's true, ordering Lipo from a local HK warehouse is usually only about a week. That's nice.

dogman said:
It's true, ordering Lipo from a local HK warehouse is usually only about a week. That's nice.
I actually have a local HK warehouse within 20 minutes of my house in Lakewood NJ - They offer pickup at their location - instant gratification!

Jason27 said:
I got my battery in 13 days :)
To get it to Frisco they just need to put it on a raft and connect an electric motor to the battery...lol Seriously though, that wasn't sea cargo ship - was it?

the irony is that sue taing is selling a brand new 48V15Ah sun-thing pack for much less money than you paid and it would be at your place already if you had ended up buying it from her instead.

http://www.endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=46940

i am surprised nobody has offered her good money for this pack already. basically half the price of a ping when air freight is paid.

dnmun said:
the irony is that sue taing is selling a brand new 48V15Ah sun-thing pack for much less money than you paid and it would be at your place already if you had ended up buying it from her instead.

http://www.endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=46940

i am surprised nobody has offered her good money for this pack already. basically half the price of a ping when air freight is paid.
She appears to have offered it for sale over a month after I ordered mine - would have jumped on it in a heart beat - I paid $425 including shipping so not that much less actually...
Hind sight being "20/20" and knowing what I know now (thanks to great information on Endless Sphere) I definitely would have gone the LIPO route as there is a Hobby King warehouse 20 minutes from my house that offers local pickup!

I ordered a LiFePo4 battery from Sunthing28 - sea shipping, China Post, from China to Sweden (Europe).
I took 9 weeks for it to arrive here. The tracking number worked first when the parcel had arrived in Sweden.
From then on I got a detailed report for every handling moment for the parcel by Internet parcel tracking supplid by Swedish postal authority.
I was lucky this time because no customs fee had to be paid (normally 25% value added tax is imposed).
SunThing 28 had labeled the parcel as "gift", "bike parts" value 100 USD.
The parcel arrived during Christmas and New Year celebration - explains perhaps Santa Clause customs gift to me!

I once waited about 5 weeks for a part that was stuck on the slow truck from the East Coast by snow storm. The longest I ever waited for an order was from a pre-order sales I made with E-BikeKit which was like 3 months before I received the Disc Version of the 9C-2806 clone in FH & RH. Longest HK order took about 30-35 days for the EC5 connectors. Now that HK has a warehouse local in my State, I get batteries in 2-3 days; completely worth the extra price for the USA Warehouse, and probably why mine always arrive in very good condition: No stinkers to date. :wink:

Here - you might enjoy this early thread:

(apologies for the character corruption; not my fault)

Enjoy! KF

liared said:
I ordered a LiFePo4 battery from Sunthing28 - sea shipping, China Post, from China to Sweden (Europe).
I took 9 weeks for it to arrive here. The tracking number worked first when the parcel had arrived in Sweden.
From then on I got a detailed report for every handling moment for the parcel by Internet parcel tracking supplid by Swedish postal authority.
I was lucky this time because no customs fee had to be paid (normally 25% value added tax is imposed).
SunThing 28 had labeled the parcel as "gift", "bike parts" value 100 USD.
The parcel arrived during Christmas and New Year celebration - explains perhaps Santa Clause customs gift to me!
Wow - sea shipping to Europe - assume around the African Cape? Quite the trip and probably longer than across the Pacific to California I assume... Am wondering about the customs fee as well and assume he will handle mine similar. More important - how do you like the battery? What are the specs on your bike?

I just checked the Ebay shipping info link again and it was updated to the following:
Processed through USPS Sort Facility
2013-01-23, 09:02:00, JERSEY CITY, NJ 07097
YAAAAYYYYYY! Looks like I may get that baby tomorrow!!!

As a rule, I never order stuff from CN when it's near their New Year equivalent celebrations: Guaranteed to be a month late, if not lost. Case in point: DealExtreme; I'll never order form them again.

~KF

Kingfish said:
As a rule, I never order stuff from CN when it's near their New Year equivalent celebrations: Guaranteed to be a month late, if not lost. Case in point: DealExtreme; I'll never order form them again.

~KF
Chinese New Year 2013 will be February 10th - Buyers Beware!
My battery is in Jersey City New Jersey as of now- unless they route my delivery through China Town I should be OK, lol

charge it first, be sure to get it balanced before draining it to zero. you may wanna do bench test to evaluate capacity first, before mounting it. and the heat from the dummy load is not a problem in winter.

geeeyejo1 said:
Well it's going on seven weeks now and still no battery or shipping update available on the China Post or USPS site. Sunthing28 did indicate that it would take 7-8 weeks for the sea cargo shipment so I can't really complain, but was hoping that was an outside estimate and that maybe it would arrive in 5-6 weeks due to the alignment of cosmic forces, steady seas and favorable prevailing winds...
What is the longest you have waited for your battery or other item via sea shipment?

Youll get it sooner or later for me it was 10 weeks. About two months. Perhaps even door delivery?

I buy stuff all the time. You almost dont need to keep track of it. Just send ratings back to the sellers you buy from ali or ebay and youll se that you get all your items when the time continium continues. My record was a small item for ipad cc kit it took 3 months to arrive.... All other items about one month. Letter is faster than parcel services in this world a the moment unless you pay big ss for express parcel services.

dnmun said:
charge it first, be sure to get it balanced before draining it to zero. you may wanna do bench test to evaluate capacity first, before mounting it. and the heat from the dummy load is not a problem in winter.
Thanks - thats my plan. Will check voltage upon arrival then set up for a nice balance charge. Will then hook up and test bike motor with bike off the ground. Then balance charge again. Figure on a short ride following that around the neighborhood then balance charge again. No plan to totally drain it as I understand that can damage the cells - will monitor with Watt meter and look to not go past 80% drained. Figure after third balancing charge I should be able to go for a longer ride...

leffex said:
geeeyejo1 said:

Youll get it sooner or later for me it was 10 weeks. About two months. Perhaps even door delivery?

I buy stuff all the time. You almost dont need to keep track of it. Just send ratings back to the sellers you buy from ali or ebay and youll se that you get all your items when the time continium continues. My record was a small item for ipad cc kit it took 3 months to arrive.... All other items about one month. Letter is faster than parcel services in this world a the moment unless you pay big ss for express parcel services.
Good news for me - update today says the battery has arrived in my state - hopefully delivered in next day or so - will be just about 8 weeks - exactly what vendor committed to!

John in CR said:
Ocean freight for a single battery pack is interesting. What weight battery and how much was shipping?
It's a 48v15ah LIFEPO4 - figure about 15# and battery price included shipping - $425

Wife just called - my battery is here!!! Hmmm, starting to feel a bit ill, may have to leave work early today...lol

geeeyejo1 said:
dogman said:
I actually have a local HK warehouse within 20 minutes of my house in Lakewood NJ - They offer pickup at their location - instant gratification!
Every time I ordered my battery's from the US warehouse, they always seemed to ship from washington state. Did they just open the warehouse up? Can you go straight to the warehouse to pick stuff up? That sounds pretty awesome :mrgreen: . No mailing problems what so ever.

Trackman417 said:
geeeyejo1 said:
dogman said:
Every time I ordered my battery's from the US warehouse, they always seemed to ship from washington state. Did they just open the warehouse up? Can you go straight to the warehouse to pick stuff up? That sounds pretty awesome :mrgreen: . No mailing problems what so ever.
Not sure when they opened but when I was on the US site and put an item in my cart to check on shipping cost; there was an option to pick up at their Lakewood warehouse - have never bought anything from them but will likely try LIPO on my next build so nice to know I can pick up items that they stock...
I didn't end up buying anything (was just frustrated waiting for my LIFEPO4 from China) but nice to know it's an option!

Back