What kind of batteries and mount/connectors are these?

UtahPete

10 W
What is this type of drop-in battery called and what do you call the battery slide and electrical connector? There are different sizes, just as with Hailong and Silverfish batteries. What is a good source for them in the U.S.?
20231217_165234.jpg20231217_165107.jpg

You have to open the case, if you want to know more about the battery like cell type, BMS, current rating, voltage etc.

You have to open the case, if you want to know more about the battery like cell type, BMS, current rating, voltage etc.
That is not at all what I'm asking. I want to know what these type batteries are called (e.g. Hailong, Silverfish, etc) so I can figure out where to get the mounts and connectors so I can use them on ebike builds I'm doing.

That's the same type of Silverfish battery on my Rattan LF-750 e-bike. Not sure if there's some other type since the OP implied he knew what Silverfish was. When I buy replacements off AliExpress they usually include some extra adapter plates and prongs for the bottom side that varies. E.g. some bikes have two prongs, some 4, some have tabs on the bottom plate to prevent generic replacements, some have positive on the left vs. the right, etc..
PXL_20220827_142611101.jpgPXL_20220827_143703349.jpgPXL_20220827_143350803.jpg

That's the same type of Silverfish battery on my Rattan LF-750 e-bike. Not sure if there's some other type since the OP implied he knew what Silverfish was. When I buy replacements off AliExpress they usually include some extra adapter plates and prongs for the bottom side that varies. E.g. some bikes have two prongs, some 4, some have tabs on the bottom plate to prevent generic replacements, some have positive on the left vs. the right, etc..
View attachment 344651
I think of Silverfish as the rectangular ones that slide horizontally into a rack mount, usually with a letterbox orientation.

The ones I'm asking about drop vertically down a narrow slide, typically behind the seat tube, like on Heybike and Nakto and many others. I've contacted both those manufacturers and they will sell me the battery but not the slide and connector and base.

Never seen a horizontal one, personally. All the Rattan ones are vertical with a slide, and all the third party replacements I bought came with replacement slide, connectors, and bases:
Screenshot_20231219-155505.png

It seems to me that the names “silverfish”, dolphin, shark, whale, hailong, etc are just whimsically created by manufacturers. They don’t, in my understanding, actually imply a particular size, capacity, or connector. And they all relate to a boxy, modular battery that slides into a receiving plate.

Those slotted plugs are very common, but the pin spacing and overall size shifts around a few mm here and there, so sorting out the compatibility is tough.

If I were you, I’d stop looking for a match and try to figure out what I can do to bodge compatibility or affix a new connector so I can use the battery. But hey- maybe you’ll get lucky. Let us know how it comes out so the next person can benefit from your experience.

This is a common enough battery type, I think. Why is it such a mystery to this group?
This was very encouraging.

Never seen a horizontal one, personally. All the Rattan ones are vertical with a slide, and all the third party replacements I bought came with replacement slide, connectors, and bases:
View attachment 344654
This is what I meant by horizontal Amazon.com

It seems to me that the names “silverfish”, dolphin, shark, whale, hailong, etc are just whimsically created by manufacturers. They don’t, in my understanding, actually imply a particular size, capacity, or connector. And they all relate to a boxy, modular battery that slides into a receiving plate.

Those slotted plugs are very common, but the pin spacing and overall size shifts around a few mm here and there, so sorting out the compatibility is tough.

If I were you, I’d stop looking for a match and try to figure out what I can do to bodge compatibility or affix a new connector so I can use the battery. But hey- maybe you’ll get lucky. Let us know how it comes out so the next person can benefit from your experience.

This was very encouraging.
What does hailong battery mean?
Hailong refers to the case style (sea dragon). For some reason the company or the culture (China) that makes the cases decided they would be named by the shape of the case, so you have the "frog", "silver fish", "shark" and "dolphin".Sep 29, 2020
https://www.reddit.com › comments

Hailong Batteries : r/ebikes - Reddit

This is what I was told Hailong meant...​

Late reply, but these are Silverfish. The basic case can take 65 cells to build a 13S-5P 48V pack. With 3,5AH cells, you can do 17.6AH, The case can be made longer, although the rider may have to raise the seat.

These can be well constructed packs, if the cells are put into cell holders and shrink wrapped. They come with both discharge and charge fuses, and the keyswitch switches the current directly and is able to handle 30 amps.

bday-1.JPG

Late reply, but these are Silverfish. The basic case can take 65 cells to build a 13S-5P 48V pack. With 3,5AH cells, you can do 17.6AH, The case can be made longer, although the rider may have to raise the seat.

These can be well constructed packs, if the cells are put into cell holders and shrink wrapped. They come with both discharge and charge fuses, and the keyswitch switches the current directly and is able to handle 30 amps.

View attachment 344662
Thanks. And would you happen to have a good domestic source for the whole rail mount, base and connector setup?

Back