What would YOU do? (warning: rambling waffley post)

I need SOMETHING to be able to give people for advertising/contact...

I have been toying with getting a small number of business cards printed up.. small number 'cos I don't want to over-commit, n I don't need more boxes of unused stuff at my digs. :roll:

Anyways... working my head around something like this with contact details on the flip side

Frankencycle
Eclectic Electric Cycles

• Complete Australian legal conversion kits
    Installation Assistance
    Upgrades
    Service
    Repair
    Ready-to-ride electric bicycles for sale

joe

Hi Joe,

I know plenty of people who've used Vistaprint (Google for details) and they're OK and do relatively small orders... They're probably better than trying to print them yourself (not sure if you've thought about going down that path but they never end up looking too good).

It's nothing that will stand out too much, but that's probably not what you're after anyway... Too expensive for something that most people throw away anyway, just keep it simple.

I really like the name, the "Eclectic Electric Cycles" is bit of a mouthful but it sticks in your head which is more important... Also if you Google it you get the number 1 hit, which is great for a new business. It allows you to just throw that comment out, just Google me.

You could probably just combine Service & Repairs to the one line (maybe even upgrades too, but I'd be tempted to leave this a separate item because it's a pretty core principal to your business model, get them in with a street legal version, then you just know they're going to get a taste for it and feel the need for speed)... Make it a bit less information overload... Maybe just see how it looks on the actual card and see if you need to squish it or pad it out a little.

Three Months

Mmmmmkay,

I promised I would take a pause and do a bit of a review of where I am at, and make a decision as to whether to continue…After the first three months.

To save a lot of time, cos I feel a large n long post coming on… The decision is ……..

I Shall Continue!!!!

Wooooh!

the intended Post has morphed into a very rosy-coloured current view, (Gots to INcentiVIZE mah self), and the current plan in action…with a bit of post-production in the mix.

Still with? Cool!

here’s what’s going on…

Assets

I have more value than when I started. This includes IP wrapped up in experience and research, and actual sellable items: two complete e-bikes ride-away-ready, two more under production, completion end of week. 1 firm sale. Enough components (including bike frames) to make 5 robust e-bikes and a further 2 “rejiggable” builds to make them saleable.

And I have a LOT of components, including some very good scores that have reduced my input costs while maintaining and adding quality, and enable me to continue to do so.

I have the experience n know how to do what I say I can do.

Build Sequence

I have a robust (tested) build sequence that includes as a first goal, the making of a conversion kit that I am willing to support an thus sell.
Conversion Kit -

A conversion kit is a complete set of components, including battery and charger, to convert an appropriate bicycle into a functioning, legal e-bike.
Kit + Bike = E-bike

The second goal – installation, uses an appropriate bicycle and a kit, and results in a complete e-bike, ready to sell. “Greater than sum of components”.
Testing

The build sequence has been tested three times, one of those e-bikes, the Pocket rocket has been dismantled, the other two, the Cheese bike and the MachI are able to be sold. (I don’t want to though, I like them as demo bikes).

The front wheel drive kit from the pocket rocket is being put into a new build, and another build is underway from scratch, these are the two due for completion this week.

Current Actions and Plans
Expanding Build sequence

I am in the process of building two kits at once.

One of which will be going into a refurbished IronHorse front suspension, hardtail aluminium frame as a rear wheel kit, for a road oriented long range commuter.
First Complete Kit for Sale

The other kit will be up for sale.

First Sales “Campaign”

At the end of this week I will put the kit on e-bay, and also put at least one complete build on e-bay, as a minimum with a justifiable ‘though profitable “buy it Now” price and an auction started with a set mimimum, “break-even” bid.
Components of Campaign

There are a number of things I need to do, apart from the physical kit and bike building to complete this task.

Create E-bay Seller Identity and support

I need to set up an e-bay store/account, including links to my frankencycle.me website.

Refine website

I need to get the frankencycle me website Clean, Simple, and easily navigable, specifically to provide a smooth pathway to information that enables selling the kit and ebike.

Promote Support services, such as Installation, Servicing, Repair, Base-Bike supply and Upgrades.

Prepare content for site based sales

Store, Shopping cart, Payment

Load up information on kit and e-bike to support e-bay store.
“Run” an Auction

Load up Kit and e-bike to E-bay store, set and start auction.

Promotion…

Um errr..<uncertain, Bunch of ideas, I think not important ’til store infrastructure in place….>

Goal Achieivment

Kit + E-bike up for sale on E-bay

Desired Outcome

One Kit and One e-bike sold for more than breakeven minimum bid price

Following Week

Do it all over (Make two kits, make one build, put up for sale)

Closing thoughts…

This is an opportunity to push sales orientation towards stuff I have for sale. Meaning, as much as I beleive that the ENTIRE concept of Frankencycle is based on selling, even if only “selling an idea”, Tangible income and a constant flow of components in – kits and builds out is .. mandatory…

Challenges

I am running out of space in my workshop due to storing completed builds there.

I don’t need cash yet, but eventually I expect I will.

I need broader documented plans (“Business Plans”) to keep moving forward.

Off to do stuff now… talking done for the moment…

‘Owever…

There SHOULD be a flurry of updates though I'm a gonna be doing most of that stuff on my website/blog thingy but will be back here to listen and talk rubbish :twisted: ...

Joe

Back