Whatcha all think of this particular model?

A friend of mine, who happens to be from Maine, is the onliest person I know in person who is actually interested in an electric bicycle. We've had a couple of discussions re same and he has ridden mine and come back with the famous EV Grin.

He has looked at this model on the web

http://largoscooters.com/gohubmensretro7.html

and asked for my opinion re same. It would be better if he got feedback from you'all, the experts.

the gohub is my first kit. 1700 miles and still going. it's really a crystalyte 408 with 20 amp controller and a really nice rear rack and trunk.

in my opinion, all the crystalyte products are pretty good. i've already got nearly 800 miles on my 406. i'm planning on a pheonix racer (5303).

From what i read it's just the kit right? not full built bike? I don't think it come with battery either? Isn't that pricy? I have the 408 kit on my bike and it only cost around 500-600. Maybe you guy have the budget for it but you could use it on battery.

The way I read that link, this is a complete system - bike motor, controller etc., and set of pre-wired 36volt SLA batteries included, you just have a small amount of assembly of the bike and drive system. It even has the bag for the batteries. I have emailed this guy before when I was researching what bike to build. I got the impression he was a good vendor, from the communications I had. He certainly has simple to assemble systems, that IMHO were quite competively priced. Seemed like a nice guy.

One thing about his stuff I liked, was the very small controller that was mounted on your steering head, with no external connectors. The wiring configuration is quite neat on his systems. Couldn't be any simpler.

Back