Where can I find a small charger to use at work?

cwah

100 MW
Hello all,

I'm looking for a silent (fanless), small and vibration proof charger to keep in my bike. So I can charge my battery at work.

The chargers from bmsbattery are too noisy and not vibration proof.

The closest I've found are these one
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Top-54-6V-1-8A-Li-ion-Battery-Charger-For-48V-13cell-5-20AH-Li-ion/697094020.html
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AC-100V-240V-Converter-Adapter-DC-48V-2A-96W-Power-Supply-Charger-DC-5-5mm-New-/261437772589?pt=UK_BOI_Electrical_Test_Measurement_Equipment_ET&hash=item3cdee7d32d

Any idea if these chargers would be adequate? Or if there are any alternative?

Thanks

Matching the charge voltage is probably the key point. If it was me, I would measure the maximum charge voltage of your existing charger and make sure it matches the unit you are considering. Different chemistrys require different charge voltages. You didn't mention what type of pack you are using,

I can't tell if the Ebay unit is a charger or power supply. At least the Aliexpress charger has enough advertised specs so you could make a decision.

Justin Les new Cycle Satiator has everything you want, but apparently is still in Beta testing. If you can wait, that looks like an excellent product.

If you only need to charge at a low rate (2A) one of those would probably work ok. They will get HOT so keep that in mind when you select an area to charge your battery.

I have two 240W (~5A max) chargers from BMSBattery and yes they are loud (one more than the other) but they have proven reliable. I also like that the cases are aluminum and not plastic, plus the best feature is they adjustable for both voltage and current. If you already own an extra one of these you could try lowering the output current to 2A or less then disable the fan and check the case temperature.

-R

My batteries voltage goes between 56V and 80V.

I'm on an uniformisation step and may change them all to 56V (48V ebike charger) to allow swapability between bikes

cwah said:
My batteries voltage goes between 56V and 80V.
And may change them all to 56V (48V ebike charger) .........
Sorry but that makes no sense .!
How many batteries are you wanting to charge, what is their nominal voltage and chemistry ?
Are you intending to use a different charger for each pack ?

I have few different bike with different voltage. So ideally multiole chargers.

But let say i only want to charge at 56v. More than 75W is enough as I stay around 8h at work

Get some PSU for printers and laptops, mix and match the outputs to get the required voltage. You can get them in packs up to 48V and usually 200W max, they are fully sealed so no noise or anything. String a couple together with a voltage display and it should be good for slow charging at work assuming you have a good BMS etc.

Back