Will the bbshd fit on this bike?

papabless

100 mW
I am interested in getting this 2011 Carbon Specialized S-Works Enduro SL Comp
092706southridgeendurosl.jpg

I plan on asking a reputable battery maker osnpower from aliexpress to make a custom battery pack for the frame as well as installing an asi bac 800 plug n play 72v controller. Will the bbshd fit?

Look into the CYC X1 pro instead of the BBS. It's smaller lighter higher quality more efficient and more powerful.

I dont have the funds for that as I already have my own bike, I'm planning to revamp my entire setup. I'm only keeping the motor. But I do realize with the cyc there are more compatible bikes

Carbon frames with an aluminum bb shell might not fit. I wasn't able to slide one on my Scott CR1, just 5mm too thick. BBSHD is almost a guarantee if the shell is as close to a standard metal frame as possible (thin!). If you can post close-up pics of the shell, pref the left side, we might be able to tell.

Carbon can be funny when loading it in directions it wasn't meant for. The bowing to the right caused by all the extra chain pull can really bust stuff up.... I've seen broken linkages, buckled chainstays, and one buddy opened up a giant vertical crack on the left side of the seat tube that trashed the frame after a few not very aggressive test rides. Not saying your Specialized in particular can't handle it, but it's a consideration on any higher power mid drive.

flat tire said:
Look into the CYC X1 pro instead of the BBS. It's smaller lighter higher quality more efficient and more powerful.

Its also a bit louder which I don't really like.

Yes, it is very loud. Everyone looks at you like your bike is driven by powertools.

It really depends on the source of the noise. If it's metal gears, then aside from lubricating the snot out of them there's not much you can do.

Back