Will this battery work on the 2018 Radrover mini ?

Just checking around to see if anyone thinks this battery will work on the 2018 radrover mini ? With 25% more capacity, it sure a lot better than the factory battery. I hate being restricted by the poor range of the factory battery and hate the thought of using the back rack to store another battery.

https://delongbattery.en.made-in-china.com/product/wCoJWHUzrucd/China-5V-USB-Charging-Port-Rechargeable-48V-Ebike-Battery-13s5p-48V-17-5ah-Hailong-Battery.html

if those cells are the real deal it is probably a good deal depening if you can actually get it.

flippy said:
if those cells are the real deal it is probably a good deal depening if you can actually get it.

I can from a reseller the manufacturer wont sell me one directly

Can anyone else chime in on this. Rad power bikes is popular enough that someone else out there has to be trying to do the same thing as me - get more range. I need to know if the bikes on board controler will support this higher capacity battery and if so will it fit ? both are 48 volts, but the battery I want to upgrade to is 17.5AH where the on board is 14AH

not a prolbem, the bms only triggers on voltages, it cant measure capacity.

Alright, I guess I will pull the trigger and find out. I would be so happy with that extra range and only having to carry one battery

If you can pay with PayPal you have more protection. More ah means can go farther and demand a higher amp load if same quality style cells being equal. Or 13s 4p verus 13s 5p.

according to Rad Powered bikes, the new 2018 battery uses Samsung 35E cells.

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/High-capacity-power-battery-sumsung-18650_60617070105.html?spm=a2700.7724838.2017115.160.6ee721d0sq2aXL

Is there anyway that I can use the factroy battery case and either replace the current cells with ones of higher cpaicty or maybe build a new cell cluster with more batteries? At 3500MAH, the Samsung 35E's look like they are pretty much as high you can get when it comes to 18650 cells. I am just trying to increase the range by twenty 20% or so without having to rewire anything.

It's possible to make a battery to fit in an existing case, even in Canada, to do this requires soldering, spot welding and wiring,

If you are uncomfortable with any of these operation you will need someone to do it for you,

You can even find the same case as yours in a ready made battery or empty case to fill,

I was told by radbikes that their battery is specific to their bike. So If I wanted to buy another higher capacity battery off baba, I would most likely have to remove their battery mount and replace it with one that conforms to the new battery

Back