• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

Wiring 4 packs of lipo to one BMS? Diagram included.

nerdalert

10 W
I just got a Greentime 24s BMS in the mail and am about to wire it up to 4 packs of 6s battery packs for 24s. My intuition tells me that I should connect all four small black wires from all four sense wires into the B1- connection on the board and then every cell thereafter into the B1+,B2+...B24+ connections. Something feels so right and yet so wrong about my guess. I already made a serial cable for the batteries and have been riding around at 100v. Omitted the serial connection wires from the diagram to keep it easy to understand. Would rather not blow it up. Thanks for your help in advance.

What should I DO? Microsoft paint:

file.php

mydiagram.png

After a shower it dawned on me how simple the solution is. I just had to slow down and think. The hot soldering iron really puts the pressure on. I'm pretty confident in this but would love you guys to chime in and confirm that my confidence is well placed. Soldering now but will not connect until I get verification.

file.php

If I understand correctly what you're saying, tread carefully...

Wiring 24S BMS using 4qty 6S packs mean you'll basically have "redundant" wires where +pos to -neg combine between 6s packs. I hope that makes sense?

This is a serial connection scheme. NO PARALLEL connections unless you want a bright and fast light show.

I'm aware of the dangers of miswiring. Batteries are no joke when it comes to amperage delivery and will destroy any short connection you throw at it. I have several inline switches that help too.

If i'm aware of what you are concerned with, the serial battery cabling/fusing is already made and works great.

Back