Yescom LCD Conversion Kit PROGRAMMING

chasindayton

10 mW
Hi folks:

I couldn't find this information here, so now that I have dug it up, I'll post it. There seems to be great interest on this site for integration of flux capacitors onto the XYZ123 Cantonese controller boards, but not a great deal of info for the noobie installers--at least, searching by such terms as I have in the subject. Perhaps I don't follow proper search, if so, please excuse duplicitous posting.

My LCD has three buttons on the left side of the display, and is apparently a Suzhou City Kunteng Electronics KT-LCD1 / v2.5? eBike Special Meter, detailed manual found here:
http://www.szktdz.com/upload/file/20140814/20140814015208_34156.pdf
I found 2.5 and 3 versions discussed on line, but at least the below info likely still applies.

My speedometer functions were inoperative, until I properly set the so-called "P" functions (see manual to access them.) INCORRECT SETTINGS MAY BURN YOUR MOTOR OR CONTROLLER supposedly, so don't guess or play around!

P1 Set to "46", for my 46 magnets in the Yescom black 48v 1000w motor (though I think these settings also apply to the Yescom 36v 750w. Others, ask!)
P2 Set to "0". This was set to "1" as received, causing my grief. Apparently it can look for 1 to 6 magnet pulses, N/A to my system.
P3 Set to "1" (apparently compensates for the linearity of the assist signal or something...?)
P4 Set to "0" for immediate availability of hand throttle; "1" deactivates the throttle until pedaling is underway.
P5 Set to "15" I am told, for lithium 48v batteries, to calibrate the battery meter. If the meter seems off, I guess it would be harmless to tinker. My source says : "24V be 9; 36V be 12; 48V be 15".

I read it on the Internet, so it must be right! If nothing else, the detailed manual is a godsend.

I now have two bikes with the same kits installed, and everything seems to work as advertised. Unfortunately I only have "around the block" on either to verify installations, and I am looking forward to the Ohio skies turning blue again so we can really put them through their paces! This ebike thing might be pretty cool after all.

This is FANTASTIC! Thank you so much for posting and pointing to the controller manual. It's been very difficult for me to find.

Back