You're sitting on your penis

I find the seat needs more rake when it's pushing me along sat upright, than I want for riding it non-assisted. Simply because a seat pushing me along can have an angle that becomes a ski slope when it stops pushing. Our seats have to be less focused towards a single seating position because of this. A more 'all rounder' style needed. Where there is a broad seat like part, and a narrower saddle like part. So I can move about on it.

I have only once been numb, because my seat slipped a notch. Making the nose apply pressure. I do need the nose though, it's for steering. It just needs to be low and I need a channel for my bits. I like a silicone titty soft area at the back, with a firmer bit for my sit bones if I come forwards and lean in a bit. The cutout must be quite deep so that it's not meaningless when I sink into the seat, and the cutout can't have a plastic insert or framework for my nuts to sit upon.

I ride with my knee's wide, in jeans, no under-garments, mile after mile and only new jeans sometimes rub. I couldn't be a roadie. I'm not built for it. I need space. So a wide nose is not an issue. Narrow one's hurt me from the constant juggling.

Chopping the nose off seems pointless. You can't chop off a bit your sat on, and if your not sat on it then why is it a problem. Unless you have the wrong rake.

Road saddles are for speed not comfort. It's about aerodynamics and bike control. Getting numb seems to just be accepted. BMX seats were about the same. Jump bikes now don't even have one. A beach cruiser saddle or a traditional Brooks is where most of us should be looking. We do move though a varied degree of angles though as the seat pushes us along under varied loads. We can't keep changing the seats rake, so we need that cut-out to accommodate the way our seating load changes. What is perfect sat still, won't be perfect when it starts pushing you.

Back