"Get well soon" fund for Icecube57

Lionstrike

100 mW
Ladies and gentlemen,

You might know from recent posts that one of Endless Sphere's members (Icecube57) has recently been involved in an eBike accident that requires him to get surgery. The cost of this surgery is substantial and currently he's short of what's required for the operation only by about $335 USD.

The Endless Sphere community consists of roughly 10,000 members. By this math IceCube could get his surgery for only about three cents a head. Even if only 100 people donated, it would only equal to about $3.35 a person.

It should be said though, that this is a gift rather than a loan. I am in no way indicating that he is required to pay back any such donation.

Should you be interested in donating, his paypal email address is:
khristopher2000inbox@hotmail.com

He's gotta make an intial cash payment to the hospital.
I had to do the same thing recently. $150 down, they bill the rest.. for a simple ENT visit.

Guy has been selling off A LOT of his eBike stuff and considered pawning the car.

http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=29452

Please help if you can. Especially if IceCube57 has helped you in the past.

Its 11pm roughly 7 hours til surgery time. I cant sleep... I wish it could have been done at the hospital the day I had the Injury but they didnt have the resources to set the type break I had. I went to an Orthapedic Surgeons for a follow up 3 days later and the put my fingers in these traps and hung a 10lb weight on my elbow to pull the bone out of the wrist joint. Then the doctor came and snapped my wrist straight and took some xrays. He said I had to do surgery to where they will put a plate and screws in to get the correct alignment. to restore somewhat normal function.

My hospital visit is 1800 dollars billed to insurance Im responsible for 15% of that which is 270 dollars. My visit to the Surgeon was 800+ dollars billed to insurance. Im responsible for 123$ dollars of that. After selling everything I made about 900. Pus a few donations last week helped with those bills havent work since the 25th so I have a partial check coming for the time i did work but thats on Friday. I reallly think it was dirty for the facility to call at the last minute with my total to pay the facility It was like 330pm today. My wife and I were tripping. We still couldnt have paid even if we dipped into all our saving and used every dime to our name but 3 weeks left in the month and both of us are flat broke. Not good. It came down to 5:00 and the title pawn place closes at 6. Its my arm and its still a useful limb. The past week made me respectt all my lims.. It takes me lik 10 min to put on shirt and pants by myself. Alot of things you take for granted using 2 hands. At least my dominant hand didnt get hurt but the one thats broken has limit mobility of the fingers the arm is alread weak as hell and has no weight bearing ability to lift or hold my weight. You get desperate in my situation and will find a way to do a surgery if you needed it. I appreciate all the help on and from the forums. This is a community that gives people hell but in the end everyone has something to offer and give ..fresh new blood and new builds makes this a great forum community that will continue to evolve and it touches me sometimes to see people come together and help each other out. There are members like amberwolf and dogman knightmb ypedal holmes doc neptronix and many many other people who pur hours into the forum each day that make shape and form the forum to what it is today. i have my own contibutions .. there is alot of experience here and we need to look out for each other to make sure this forums grows into the #1 EV information source. I personally would like to start some type of club to where dues are pooled to help people in true need. Especially in events like mine and amberwolf to where we were doing what we love and unfortunate events happen and there is a true hardship and need. Trust me any mone I have is going to pay medical bills Im not secretly building some mega rig and leeching off the kindness of you great gents... Ive been honest and straight with you people I dont want anyone getting a bad idea but the bright side is if i make i through the hurdle all my treatment is nearly free and full covered so no sob storied from me after this nothing but progression and healing to come back harder and stronger than ever to breathe new life ito another creation that we all can enjoy and learn from

Haven't checked in on my Paypal account since last year but right now I see
PayPal balance: $39.43 CAD

...would dump this in your bank account if I knew how

L

Hi Chris! Get well soon and I hope my donation has helped you!!!

I sent you some help thru paypal...

I hope this help.

It's like my "pay it forward" :wink:

Doc

Lock said:
Haven't checked in on my Paypal account since last year but right now I see
PayPal balance: $39.43 CAD

...would dump this in your bank account if I knew how

L

login to paypal.
click 'send money' / 'send funds'
enter his email address in.

Anyhow i threw down some $. That's from a broke man who can't even afford a new fork for his bike right now. Hope it helps. Good luck tomorrow.

neptronix said:
login to paypal.
click 'send money' / 'send funds'
enter his email address in.
Christ I'm thick. OK, done... I think...

I just made a small contribution. Hope you get better soon mate. It is a disgrace that the US doesn't understand the value of universal healthcare. We Aussies and Canadians don't appreciate how good we have got it.

Man, that's a lot like my crash three years ago. Not moving fast at all, and then whammo when you think you have no problem. I do swear sometimes the slow crash is the gotcha one. Fast and you slide em out a lot better. Just not fast enough to starfish.

I still have lots of bills to pay, and paying them is still slow after my crash reduced my work week to nearly nothing. Only my legs and mouth still work 100%, brain never did.

Nevertheless, $50 sent. Wecome to the titanium club. Be thankfull you still have one hand for the mornings daily chore.

I've contributed a bit too. Get well soon, Ice!

Ambrose

It's a small amount but hope that helps and get well soon! I'm new here but I'm learning new things.

Im back!... Arm is numb as hell and it paralysed. I was worried this morning... Didnt have enough money even with u guys donations. I ended up running my debit card for the full amount... I over dawn my bank account by 264 bucks... by the end of the day you guys came through and I deposited the money to cover the overdraft and no fee. You guys rock!

Doh, sent a donation without reading the second page :? ... go buy some lipo or something, and get better soon! :D.

Back