Cycle paths sabotaged.

Ianhill

1 MW
http://road.cc/content/news/217623-uks-mountain-bikers-say-keeping-sane-prime-reason-ride-road

The UK goverment and most of its citizen's like the idea of riding our bike's up the local mountains in designated areas and I'm all for it I love the freedom of riding my bike, air in my lungs and great views, but for some reason some think it's for walking only and place spikes in the ground, wood traps with nails in them and barbed wire at neck height across trees,

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/someone-digging-holes-countryside-path-12600903

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/someone-sabotaging-bike-trails-caerphilly-11867038

I've witnessed these Booby traps in my local area and spread over a 30 mile or so range so it's not one farmer with an issue it's someone with more motive and who ever it is has got someone injured, someone has already been in the public spot light for a simular offence a local counciler by the name of Ron Davies, this man has a very shady past meeting men in toilets while serving in the house of commons and lost his job over it, I have no problem with sexuality im straight and have gay family members but when in a government job meeting in toilets paying for sex ones conduct must be an example, not do as I tell you not what I do.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/politics/ron-davies-bike-path-caerphilly-11921040

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1424188/Moments-of-madness-that-ruined-Ron-Davies.html

I'm watching this carefully with military tactics, I know all the entry points and the times of the attacks, i want hard evidence, i have setup my own counter survalience on a repeat offend area so i will get to the bottom of this, time will tell exactly who it is, but if it's my suspect being in the free mason click I doubt the law will see them punished to their full if at all worms wiggle out of anything.

This happens all around the world. Last I read of it was in Victoria, BC, Canada and trails near Vancouver North Shore.

I think they are just a bunch of fanatical tree hugging granola hippie's.

The fingers said:
Game trail cameras have been used successfully to capture suspects in these kinds of crimes. :wink:

That's exactly how I've approached it, As if I'm trying to capture a glimpse of the rarest of creatures, I worked out how to call it, it hunts for mud ruts on paths onces it detects some they have to seek revenge so ive got him sooner or later he will sniff my trap.

Thing that gets me is its on designated area that kids ride the paths and it's damn dangerous it's not motorcycles so there's no noise complaint or heavy ground damage, it's just Immature stupidity from someone who should clearly know better representing the public interest, more I research the UK goverment the more corruption I find its mind boggling the crap our elite get upto and away with.

Hi Ian, i ride in the woodlands around Rudry and Caerphilly, and often see where access for bikes have had built branch barriers put up and where large logs have been placed across once clear paths. Bwlch mountain has been a destination for myself and another forum member and does attract a lot of motocross and 4x4 drivers. I think there are some legimate green lanes in the area. Whilst we have been out riding we have come across an angry farmer in that area who is obviously pee'd off with traffic across his land.
Perhaps one day i may stumble across Ron Davies exiting a bush after he just had 'a moment of madness' :wink:

Years ago our local farmer would shoot you with a rice gun or send the dog at you there was a massive arena on top of Ogmore mountain near the bwlch were all the cars used to rally good times for a teenager, I like the ron pun he's a wild one thats for sure.

The bwlch is my local, I'm all for green energy and wind turbines but they have ruined access to the mountain and in parts left it in a state from heavy plant machine and then complain about push bike's on paths, I could once ride a bike from Gilfach, nantymoel or treorchy and ride upto the top of Rhigos mountain or down to the Afan valley trails but since there has been hundreds of turbines planted over the mountain like trees then a lot of the sites are limited access and out of bounds.

I've rode most of the valley trails over south wales since a kid and around 6 years ago large areas of the forest land on top of Ogmore valleys and Rhondda all got diagnosed with Dutch elm disease, the only trace of fallen trees and rot was to do with lack of maintenance and the trees to densely packed rather than maintain such a large area they falsed labeled it chopped it all down still cart the wood out for sale and put turbines everywhere,

Take a drive over the Rhigos you will see theres now traffic lights on top with heavy plant on a cross road that used to be a walkers path and it's all gone, hectares of trees that where on a chop down cycle now turbines with no access and the wood coming out seems too be chopped pretty decent and looks healthy to me big cash cow with most of the jobs not local at all and the ones that are local are agency low paid while MP's give themself's a massive pay increase and continue to shove money abroad pay no tax.

The truth of the deal is our mountains were granted planning permission on a no matter what condition sold off for energy companies to lay claim, place thier turbines and we get the sucker end of the deal no access to our local landscape amoung other issues plus we don't get a fair deal on energy prices or any deals holding them to keep a certain price per kilowatt so our goverment and councils are taking backhanders and suckering our society with lobo loans a win win for the bank no matter what and then pass their work to an agency makes me sick what world we build lazy t**ts.

markz said:
I heard/read about the wind turbines causing health problems to humans, also power lines.

Be hard to tell because we are all mad as hatters up here anyway.
The magnetic field will be fairly weak even at the base of the turbine it generates 600vac at 60hz with upto 6MW singular output max that goes to a central transformer where they all link to that then gets stepped up to 25kv and sent 2 miles or so to link with the local distribution and grid ive got a good half a mile between me and 4 windmills that are on the corner of a mountain and over a mile between me and any high voltage lines.
We see how good they are now as storm Doris passes over tomorrow, When there's the most energy in the air they will all be on shutdown not the best design and investment, it's us the poor consumer that will be stuck with these till they are at end of life.

I dont know much about the political arguments towards/against locating so many turbines up around Tonyrefail, Gilfach and beyond, but i bet the local councils got a very bad deal for the communities. The fact that all the energy gets shipped off elsewhere makes the primarily working class residents of S.Wales once again look like 3rd class citizens that have little say, or have little to offer a capitalist consumer led system.

No energy generation for over 24 hours now peak time saw them sat idol, I'm all for new ways of doing things but I think we need to create more work around the valleys and invest more wisely to support the locals future better.

No new traps spotted lately but it's been soaking for the last week so I think this cat and mouse game may last into the summer.

Back