Rebuilding a lion pack.,

My wife's niece has a cargo ebike she loves, and rides daily, taking her kids to preschool and running errands around Coronado, but the battery is not holding a charge very long any more.

It is a 36v 9ah pack that slides into the motor control module, all integrated into the rack. Googling suggests it was an Ansmann pack, but I can't find anyone selling them this side of Alibaba, ugh.

Does anyone know someone in the San Diego area who can rebuild a pack like this, maybe with newer higher capacity cells?

Pics of bike and batt follow ..

Attachments

• PXL_20211110_172340219.jpg
    PXL_20211110_172340219.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 356
  • PXL_20211110_172411392.jpg
    PXL_20211110_172411392.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 356
PS, I live 500 miles north (Santa Cruz), so I'm not going to be able to do more than advise her.... We were visiting earlier this week, first time I've been in Sandy Eggo in 20 years...

Contact Hi-C Battery - hicbattery.com They installed new, higher capacity cells in my two Prodeco packs, almost doubling my original range. Highly recommended.

What are your electrical DIY skills like? I'd recommend that you take some photos inside the battery and count the cell number like 10s series or put a multimeter DC on your charger to see if it's 42.0, which means it's 42v maximum charge and 32v minimum, 37v most of the time... What you'll find is that you can buy 10s batteries from lots of places...

if you don't find a spot welding guy, google this for some suggestions: 10s? battery ebike, Watch out for batteries that don't use real panasonic/samsung/LG/sony cells. perhaps ask Tumich on this website if he can ship them from Poland because he gets bosch factory b-grade, else put an advert: "WTB 36v 10s? battery" on the forum buy/sell?

zzoing said:
What are your electrical DIY skills like? I'd recommend that you take some photos inside the battery and count the cell number like 10s series or put a multimeter DC on your charger to see if it's 42.0, which means it's 42v maximum charge and 32v minimum, 37v most of the time... What you'll find is that you can buy 10s batteries from lots of places...

if you don't find a spot welding guy, google this for some suggestions: 10s? battery ebike, Watch out for batteries that don't use real panasonic/samsung/LG/sony cells. perhaps ask Tumich on this website if he can ship them from Poland because he gets bosch factory b-grade, else put an advert: "WTB 36v 10s? battery" on the forum buy/sell?

mine are intermediate, but as I said, I'm 500 miles from this bike, it belongs to my wife's niece in San Diego/Coronado. I also have zero experience with spotwelding battery cells. In fact, last spot welding I did was tin plate back in HS shop class, circa 1970.

Back