Is this legit? Greentime on Aliexpress

markz

100 TW
..because this is a charger I've been eye'ing

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/pro...iPoly-Battery-Charger/313864_32220904923.html
Its adjusted from 75V to 88V for 20S.

I went to aliexpress, I typed in Greentime Controllers, and an item came up with the seller being Greentime Technology Co.,LIMITED with 3 diamonds in front of it.
I click on that, took me to the link I first gave you on the charger.

I have never boughten anything on these types of websites, Alibaba included. People seem to use it like eBay with no care of fraud.
I only use eBay because I like the protection it gives me. Havent had an issue yet with eBay sellers.

I just used aliex for the first time myself. A pain setting up another account, but worth it.
The charger looks great for the price (showed 105 shipped US-I think Nobuo recommended this same charger to me, before I took the 'plunge with aliexpress) if 6a is what you wanna charge at. Hopefully greentime is easier to adjust than alloyshell if you desire too.
I say go for it.

Soon as I free up some cash, that's what I am buying, from recommendation of another forum member who knows his stuff.

Go for it.

The protection of ebay is same than aliexpress...
Only for the reception of the package and if different from the description.
For Alibaba, you can ask to pay by paypal, just be careful and ask to seller he well describes the product in the description of the paypal invoice.

No problem with greentime ;) many people bought from them.

Well to be honest, I only take to heart, someone with a few thou of "posts", so if Harold in CR is gunna buy, I feel kinda safe.
It aint like Im dropping a g-note($1,000) or more. Its just a hunny ($100)!!!!!!

Thankx!!!!!'

Oh and BTW, I got my first flat tire on a ebike today......oh ya I still rode home. 2km on a flat.
Good times to switch to moto rim/tire, hopefully a different story. I havent bothered to look but I think I hit the curb a little to fast :twisted:

Is the shipping time they give reliable?

Shipping:
US $36.92to
Canada via DHL
Delivery: 3-7 days (ships out within 6 business days)

Because I thought it takes waaaay longer then that. But I guess if I buy it on Monday, it might still take under 2 weeks (6 + 3/4/5/6/7)

I am sticking with the original, also trying to figure out if they sell BMS's because another poster somewhere else stated Greentime sells BMS's, it sure doesnt list it on their Aliexpress site, heck they even sell womens clothing on their Aliexpress site.
http://www.aliexpress.com/store/group/Battery-Management-System-BMS/313864_259134332.html

Been looking at icecubes 12V, MeanWells from Mouser.com, Thunder 1220 (Which looks interesting, but only up to 12S so Id have to bulk charge half my pack), and of course been eyeing HobbyKing's website. The iChargers look good too. Also too I was looking at the EM3EV chargers, I emailed him and he stated the chargers with the switch on them can not be adjusted for desired voltage, just set it to the setting you want.

**Putting in my order now, for the 16S 60V 67.2V CV 5A charger for $67
Also getting a 5V-150Vdc reader
Might as well throw in a 16S BMS

I have seen 10A chargers in the higher voltages, I have yet to see one in my size 16S. Would be nice to buy a 10A.

Can you change the voltage on these Greentime chargers, Im back on this now. They got one for my needs, 16S 67.2V 5A, just wondering about the future is all.

Last night I was eyeballing the Dell PSU 12V 60A ones that can be changed from 11.3V to 12.5V, which came close.
What scared me off was chatter about CC/CV, Im still confused on that, but I was really set on a high amperage PSU to bulk charge.
Those Dells were made for the iChargers I realize that, but if I could make work half my pack 33V at 60A, man that would just be great.
This whole CC/CV thing has got my head wound up and a headache!

Anyone got their charger yet?

I'm also checking that one from the first post, need a bulk charger for my 20s LiPo pack fast :)

As a former eBay seller, a lot of fees went to ebay and paypal.

Our group has excellent experience with DHGATE, and prices are substantially lower. Credit card payment. Any question on shipment, DHGATE suspends payment. Amazingly, they even have a real person who follows up with a phone call, in English, to see if you were satisfied with your complaint resolution. Had four complaints in approximately 5 years (about a hundred purchases) and funds were returned, as credit.

Bought LIFPO4 batteries and battery holders from DHgate.

Bad product by DHgate sellers: Inexpensive shoes. They smelled like strong chemical, even after six months. Threw them away.

However, I did not complete the Client Satisfaction Survey for Dhgate. The survey came from a third party, not DHgate. At the end of the survey questionnaire, the third party (a survey company) asked for my DHgate login and password. That seems very suspicious, even if it had a free IPad as a gift.

DHgate is a largely "wholesale" site, so narrow down your search for Qty 1 or Qty 2, if not buying lots.

Whats the deal with this controller? Do they set the voltage you want between 48 and 84, or is the controller actually able to have an input of that range?

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/pro...s-DC-Motor-Controller/313864_32218294528.html

GREENTIME 15 Mosfets 48-84V 1500W 45Amax Dual mode Sensor/Sensorless Brushless DC Motor Controller

48-84V 1000-1500W 15mosfets Sensor/Sensorless Brushless DC Motor Controller

Brand: GREENTIME

Voltage: 48-84V

Low Voltage Cutoff: 41.5V +-0.5V

Rated Power: 1000-1500W

Mosfets: 15pcs Genuine irfb4410 mosfets, this controller can work with 48-84V batteries.

Limit current: 45A

Dimension of the controller box: 180*88*45mm (this size not included the assemble base)

This controller is dual model which can work with both sensored and sensorless brushless DC motor, the limit current is 45A, whichis suitable for 1000W-1500W brushless DC motor.

Functions:

1. Low Voltage, Over-current protection

2. E-ABS/high level/low level brake

3. Regen brake (with on/off switch)

4. Cruising control

5. Backward/Reverse (usually 50% of forward speed, can make the ratio as the customers' request)

6. 3 Speed (we usually make the standard 3 speed 50%-100%-120%, when you do not use the switch, the speed is 100%)

7. Cycle Analyst (can be added)

8. Anti-theft Alarm (can be added, if the customer does not have special request, this function will not be added, please take a note)

We can make this controller totally as the customers' request, but the processing time will be longer (usually 5-7 days), hope the customers could be understand, thanks!

I have that one and as you said it just has input of that range. It will work with a 48V lithium-ion battery, a 72V (84V max) and everything in between. You only have the battery LVC useful for a 48V battery.

Just one appreciation, although it will work with a 72V battery, the regenerative brake is only strong for a 48V battery. As long as you use more voltage, the brake become weak, until almost appreciable in a 72V battery fully charged.

If you need a strong regenerative brake on higher voltages than 48V nominal, don't buy that controller. Buy 60V or 72V versions

Be very cautious with this company. Warranty and customer service is garbage.
Recently purchased 72V 2500W controller. Lasted less them 4 months. Took me 2 weeks tho get response regarding warranty, They told me they would repair if I
paid for all shipping cost....cheaper buying new controller....BUYER BEWARE!!

I was all in favour of Leo of Greentime controllers and chargers, up until recently when I ordered 3 chargers and two 18 FET 65 amp controllers from him, all 3 chargers where wired incorrectly, while the label said blue = minus and brown = plus.. guess what happens when I plugged in the battery.....poof... blue magic smoke, and reverse polarity protection didn't work, tried to exchange the fuses but unfortunately it was a no go.

Luckily I could save the other 2 chargers, both also internally wired the wrong way around, I corrected it and tuned the amperage about 20% down and now they work, only a couple of weeks now, so lets see what the future brings.

Both controllers gave only 42-45 Amp output, so I soldered the traces with some additional copper wire and soldered the shunt up a little, now they are good for about 65 Amp output, the MOSFETs looked like real 4110's but regen braking did not work ( I ordered it ) instead I have EABS which is not the same....oh well.

When I claimed the wrong wiring, Leo said I was doing it wrong, like I don't know what plus and minus is and what the colors mean ( it was written on the freaking label :!: )
Later he said the label was wrong ( on all three chargers ) then 9 days no contact, not a peep, communication is not his strong point, still looking what is, but OK I strongly advice not to buy from Greentime, prices are cheap but service is poor if existing at all, there are more sellers out there with similar prices or maybe slightly higher but with a good reputation and service.

Tip: with all these chargers, run them underpowered by 20%, they will last longer, run cooler etc etc. BMSbattery/ecity chargers are practically the same as from greentime.

KMXtruus

Truusje79 said:
When I claimed the wrong wiring, Leo said I was doing it wrong, like I don't know what plus and minus is and what the colors mean ( it was written on the freaking label :!: )
Later he said the label was wrong ( on all three chargers )
When ordering chargers with relay - reverse polarity protection you can't just measure positive and negative on cables.
They will be inversed - that's how this relay system is working i guess. So you have to connect what might seem incorrectly plus to minus etc..
Don't ever look at stickers on these chargers. They are hardly informative.

Back